Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A lovely day on Dartmoor(pics).
  • knottie8
    Free Member

The weather man reckoned it would be fine today and for once he was right. Good job too as Dartmoor can be hellish in bad weather. We had sunshine for most of the ride and a tail wind for some of it . The widow maker was top notch and the bacon rolls spot on. This ranks as one of my favorite routes , I just love Dartmoor. Comments ?

Click the above pic for more pics.

crispybacon
    Free Member

nice one Knottie, I'm glad to see my mother-in-law is looking up so well – Pic 1 😉

Just one thing tho are those pictures out of sync or did you do three laps of that route 😆

simonralli2
    Free Member

Can't get enough Dartmoor pics. Good to see what my very soon to be local trails are like.

bagpuss
    Free Member

UP the widow maker and DOWN to the Scout Hut? ❓

Went the other way today but a bit earlier than you. Cracking ride other than the 2 pinch flats within 500m of each other and a bent rotor 🙁

aleigh
    Free Member

any chance of a cream tea when we go mr k?!! 😆

knottie8
    Free Member

pics are out of sync

we went down the widow maker , some chap was coming up.

cream tea ? hell yes !

Bagpus I thank you for showing me that route all those years ago.

sharki
    Free Member

Come on knottie, everyone knows the best of Dartmoor riding is on the east side, now that's proper 456 trails so don't deny your bike the abuse it deserves 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

that maybe but Princetown is a great route all the same.

simonk
    Free Member

Wow that brings back memories, not been fit enough to get up that way in years….i miss those old trails

oldfart

My earlier comment was tongue in cheek 😯 So when are we going then ?

knottie8
    Free Member

too many rides to fit in and only so many weekends ! Soon I hope, today would have been ideal. Im busy on the 17-18th Oct though Qs riding.

cinnamon_girl

Well, Dartmoor hasn't changed since I was last there a couple of years ago and it still looks oh so atmospheric 🙂

Don't remember seeing Highland Cattle there though … they are as common as Inbreds these days 😉

Christowkid
    Free Member

CG: The Highland cattle were introduced in the early 1900's…. and can bring you up a bit short if one appears out of the mist! A lot of Belted Galways around too…..
    and i bet you thought we only knew about sheep!!!!!!!!! 😆
    Q

bagpuss
    Free Member

Hey Knottie, you're welcome.
    Get in touch next time you're down.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Knottie: Nice pic's as ever….. you also made a good decision. I did a lane only loop on the eastern side in preparation for a trip with mates next w/e. It's one of my 'old' routes and haven't done it for over a year as I tend to stay local to me and totally off road. I had forgotten how stressful it was on the roads – locals driving too fast cos ' they know the roads….' and they blast through you on a lane barely a car's width wide. The worst being a grockle coming at me driving too fast just as the lane narrows….. wife's head in map, he's proud of his nice black Lexus. Neither have any idea of their car's width or the fact that they're driving too fast for the roads……grrrrr "
    Quiet Devon Lanes – pah!

But to be positive – pointed a lost tourer in the right direction and who was surprised to find himself 'a target' on the roads and considered it worse than London!
    Also was pushing up a huge hill and noticed a new " Permitted Bridleway" sign. Went on a bit further to find another, and a permitted footpath. Looks like Dartmoor NP have been busy negotiating with land owners – good on them! Looks like they're quietly chipping away at some routes. Will now have to find the start of the new tracks.
    cheers all
    Q

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A lovely day on Dartmoor(pics).’ is closed to new replies.