Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A little video project I've made…
  • JakeDaSilva
    Free Member

Howdy, thought you might like to see a little project I’ve been working. Or, more honestly, I’d really like to share a project I’ve been working on 😉

Shot on this summer’s Alps trip and sandwiched between an evening in the office I hope to show the constant running fantasy that most of us, as riders, have through long evenings and shit meetings.

Would appreciate any feedback on this, good points, bad points, suggestions for different shots, different variations on this story, or, best of all… IDEAS FOR THE NEXT ONE.
    (Best place for comments would be on the vimeo site if pos)

Cheers all.

Pook

That’s cracking.

Pushing up a flat bit though? Tsk. 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

Enjoyed it, liked the tune and the biking footage.

Would have been better with more bike and less office tho imo, although I get the message you trying to get across. I think 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Like it a lot – my only criticism would be that there’s a lot of photocopying and pushing compared to actual riding.

Makes me want to ride my bike though!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Nice wee vid should be on midweek mini movies! I really like to see the home made done on the local trail stuff.

Always good to hear the Chemical toilet Brothers too! 😀

JakeDaSilva
    Free Member

@flyingmonkeys… totally agree, but was a bit stuck for footage as it turned out. Coupled with picking a track that has a long build. (I already cut 4 bars out of it, twice!)
    Certainly intend to up the riding content next time.

JakeDaSilva
    Free Member

@NCBoy, how does one go about doing that?

JakeDaSilva
    Free Member

@Pook
    Aaah, but what an artistically beautiful meadow right?
    I got the footage of him ragging it back down, but it ‘didn’t make the cut’

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great Vid, must have some patient mates

althepal

Very good.. Been there done that. The office bit that is..

yunki
    Free Member

I like the shot where the camera apparently pans out from the arse crack of the mountain cyclist..

this scene gave me a little chubby on..

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I think that the simpkistic approcah to filming is refreshing but yet the riding quality lacked actual want to go DHing in alps tbblunt!

Infinte lines available to take on that route yet you chose the track, i.e. middle of the road boring direction to get to bottom of hill.

i honestly gave up after 1:40 as vimeo says naaaaho! And it lacked some bitiness but again imopinion, let the usual stw folk have more than their so called sterlings worth aye!

ourmaninthenorth

Nice narrative to it. Made me want to ride my bike, rather than sit here having been working all evening….

JakeDaSilva
    Free Member

@oneinalifetime… Yep, agree with you tbh. We shot some more challenging routes and lines, some rock garden sections at the top of Deux Alps etc but my lack of skill with the camera, and perhaps rider ability (sssh) meant those sections came out looking very slow. Not sure how to improve that really, other than shoot faster mates?
    Decided in the end to go for more shots of the mountains, the scenery, the contrast between there and the office and parts of trail where it was obvious the rider was blasting along.
    What do you mean by ‘bitiness’?

Milkie
    Free Member

I like the structure and everything, but its a 3 minutes mtb video, with only 1 minute of riding, you could reduce your intro and outro, and add some more footage.

Nice little video!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A little video project I've made…’ is closed to new replies.