Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • A little bit of carnage.
  • jam-bo

[video]http://vimeo.com/101732293[/video]

It’s hard to watch but hard to look away….

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s hard to watch

It did go on a bit. After the 6th kayak to the face, I was quite desensitised.

jam-bo

You got to admit though, the first one was a beaut…

njee20
    Free Member

38 seconds, oof! Wrong that I laughed!?

legend
    Free Member

Only 31 kayakers drowned in the making of this video

Jamie
    Free Member

36 seconds was pretty awesome…

CountZero

Bloody heck, that was brutal! What sort of lunatic does that for fun? 😯

njee20
    Free Member

36 seconds was pretty awesome…

Aye, that’s the one I meant, weirdly seems to be 36-38 seconds depending on when I watch. But yes, I chuckled.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I broke someones ribs once by hitting them with a boat. They were blocking an eddy that I really didn’t want to miss.

righog
    Free Member

Pah… just a kayak in the face, The entire planet Earth smashed into my face on Thursday…Then the bike hit me on the back of the head…

Just been looking for a kayak torn between the Pyrhana BTwo with added connect 30 or a Dagger GT Max..any experience of either ?

Also after looking for a long while think I have found a club laid back enough to let me join….It’s a long way away though.

jam-bo

Just been looking for a kayak torn between the Pyrhana BTwo with added connect 30 or a Dagger GT Max..any experience of either ?

Two very different boats. B-two is a rehashed burn 2 shell, better comparing it with a dagger mx or mamba.

jam-bo

Bloody heck, that was brutal! What sort of lunatic does that for fun?

When it’s good it’s really good, when it’s bad you drown…

thegeneralist
    Free Member

As so often with kayak films, excellent camera work and shots, utterly awful editing.

Seeing the aftermath of some of those would have been interesting.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😯

righog
    Free Member

Two very different boats. B-two is a rehashed burn 2 shell, better comparing it with a dagger mx or mamba.

cheers Jam bo

guy shop said much the same, he said the Btwo was very good value and as a relative beginner either would be good… and I know it’s not everyone’s thing but I like to buy British stuff when I can..which would you recommend ?

ton

there really are some stupid bastards out there….. 😐

peterfile
    Free Member

It’s funny to see these guys wearing just a pisspot helmet….then watching guys heading up to do Spooky Wood at Glentress wearing more padding than a riot cop 🙂

jam-bo

and I know it’s not everyone’s thing but I like to buy British stuff when I can..which would you recommend ?

Burn is a good all rounder and would take you right up to g4/g5 if you wanted. Pyranha build quality can be hit and miss sometimes.

Dagger is a US company but most of the European stock is moulded in the UK.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

When it’s good it’s really good, when it’s bad you drown…

Hmm.

Yes.

+1.

Rscott
    Free Member

some of it made me cringe,having almost drowned kayaking, there were a few moments that made me hold my breath.

Kayaking and falling of water falls is great fun but you have to trust your friends when it comes to big powerfull stuff.

On the boat front The gt max willbe sufficeint for the majority of uk paddlers the btwo is a little more specalised but will a great boat to pogress on to big water.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘A little bit of carnage.’ is closed to new replies.