Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • A great big thank you……
  • binners

To whoever it was who posted a link to my now deleted post

Alright. It was hardly very bright of me. But then I'm not very bright. But what you've just done is frankly one of the most nasty, devious, sneaky and underhand things I've ever witnessed.

I genuinely never thought anyone on here was as unpleasant as to do something like that for no good reason. I hope you got a degree of perverse satisfaction from it. I will never ever understand some peoples logic

I hope you're happy anyway. I'm now dealing with the fallout

pedalhead
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What? Someone actually posted one on his website? 😯

argyle
    Free Member

the font one?

MrNutt
    Free Member

there really are some **** about, who ever did that should be ashamed of themselves.

TreeWhatTree….
    Free Member

WTF?

stumpy01

That is a bit very lame. 😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thats bang out of order. Wonder if the prat is going to be man enough to own up?

Hope it works out for you

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

What's happened? Confused.

argyle
    Free Member

it is somewhat harsh and a very not well thought out thing to do

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Whats so nasty and devious, sorry but I don't get it ???

ourkidsam
    Free Member

That's a bit of a wounder… but you were slagging the design in a public domain. What did you think was going to happen?

argyle
    Free Member

binners asked what a guff font was because a client wanted to use it, someone posted a link to the thread to client or site with guff font, now binners is on the naughty step at work

GrahamS

Thats bang out of order

+1!

MrNutt
    Free Member

**** with someone's livelihood isn't a joke, its flat out out of order, who ever you are you don't deserve to be here. **** off, you're not welcome.

IanMunro
    Free Member

You don't get what the thing that's been done is, or you don't get why it's a shitty thing to do?

Torminalis
    Free Member

The first rule of STW etc…

yossarian
    Free Member

that is a ****'s trick

you were right though, it is a crap font

peachos
    Free Member

it could have been someone who knew the client perhaps?! twas a silly thing to do, and i don't think you really have anyone but yourself to blame.

if it was just some nosey, spiteful tosser – then whoever you are you are a ****.

argyle
    Free Member

at least it wasn't comic sans…

iDave
    Free Member

I thought this forum was sacred? we don't invite 'outsiders' to see what goons we all are. remarkably shitty thing to do. whoever did it is not getting any supper

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Aha, so you expressed a bit of incredulity that the client was going to use such a font? And perhaps questioned their sanity a little…..

Thats a tough one that someone would do that intentionally, but lesson learned, never comment on business matters on a public forum, it can come back to bite you in so many ways.

Hope you dont get stung too badly though mate

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

One of those moments where you hope that Karma really does exist!

JustGoRide
    Free Member

And for the record my bloody email address was used to do it… thanks for dragging me into this whoever it was. Not funny! I got an email from the guy!

Utter idiot!

yossarian
    Free Member

And for the record my bloody email address was used to do it… thanks for dragging me into this whoever it was. Not funny! I got an email from the guy!

how did someone use your email addy?

JustGoRide
    Free Member

it was in my profile! Its not anymore!!!

They put my email address in the contact form on the guys site!

Kuco

Very low.

Wonder if who ever done it got the bottle to own up?

argyle
    Free Member

i hope they own up – i love a good lynching

GW
    Free Member

I have no idea what the deleted thread said but Binners etc. do you think this is some sort of club? coz it's not, it's a public forum so if you're posting personal information of any sort you must be prepared for anyone with an internet connection to do whatever they want with it.

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Wonder if who ever done it got the bottle to own up?

I somehow doubt it!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    You don't get what the thing that's been done is, or you don't get why it's a shitty thing to do?

Just wondered what the background to all this was, so both really,being a nosey git, :mrgreen:

MrGrim

It was a shit thing for anyone to do and you didn't deserve it, but as per my post in that thread it was really unprofessional. Although you seem to have taken that on board already.

donsimon
    Free Member

Have I got this right? Someone is crossing over from STW to the real world?
    Binners has asked a question here and another member has posted the thread directly to the client? And is now hiding behind JustGoRide!
    Not very nice!!! Serious **** trick.

Hope you sort it out.

IanMunro
    Free Member

How on terms are you with the client now binners?
    You could always ask them nicely to look in their raw website visitors log, which will have the IP of the person who filled in the webform.
    STW mods might be nice, and have a word with the person with the matching IP on STW.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I am getting the gist of this now, what a total ****s trick! Pistols at dawn time!

jon1973
    Free Member

out of order, I agree…

and another member has posted the thread directly to the client?

You don't have to be a signed up member of the forum to read the posts and cut and paste a link…could have been anyone.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C'mon whoever it was. Presumably there was some form of thought process behind this… would love to hear the logic.

ononeorange

Enough people have told you it was a daft thread, so just good luck in sorting it.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

How on terms are you with the client now binners?
    You could always ask them nicely to look in their raw website visitors log, which will have the IP of the person who filled in the webform.
    STW mods might be nice, and have a word with the person with the matching IP on STW.

He's hardly in the position to be asking favours is he?

JustGoRide
    Free Member

I'm having a look at my own analytics, I'm guessing the person who did it at least looked at my site before they sent it in my name. May be able to extract his IP… I had four bounced hits sourced from that forum post!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘A great big thank you……’ is closed to new replies.