Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • A grand to spend???
  • tommy19
    Free Member

As the title says i have a £1000 to spend on a new bike and i already have a hard tail any sugestions? The boardman fs team looks good for the money but is it worth the stigma of buying a bike from halfords?

teamrider24
    Free Member

Aye, it’s worth it. The spec for the cash is pretty impressive.

RealMan
    Free Member

Do you need a full sus? Have you considered buying a road bike? Upgrading the hardtail?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

A great bike for the money – buy it.

Northwind

Haven’t ridden the new one but the old one was fantastic, if it was made of boiler plate and said orange on the side people’d pay £2500 for it 😉

tommy19
    Free Member

sounds good i will lok more seriously into it now, i would like a fs just because ive never had one
    cheers

pickle
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOO456TR/on-one-456-trail-slx

will make you smile everytime you chuck your legs over it

stanboardman
    Free Member

Got one two weeks ago. for the money, nothing comes close IMO. Halfords are a PITA though

Jgmoores
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s een said a hundred times before on here but it depends massively on which store you use. I’ve encountered good and bad around the north west so if you are in the neighbourhood and want a recommendation, let me know.

stanboardman
    Free Member

It does. I have two near me. The one I bought the bike from is far worse than the one that I wanted to get my bike from but didnt have any.

tommy19
    Free Member

The handoffs isn’t the problem for me as I have a good one local to me, I just wanted to make sure the bike was up to the job
    Cheers

tommy19
    Free Member

i ment halfords 😳

jon1973
    Free Member

Halfords are a PITA though

My local one where I got my Boardman from are great, the guys seemed to know what they’re talking about and were really helpful. Halfords are like Local Bike Shops I guess, some good, some bad.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘A grand to spend???’ is closed to new replies.