Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • A Friday video… grab a cuppa and enjoy Scotland :)
  • pease
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEVAC-YDl68[/video]

a short selection of pics and film from a week in Scotland. I dragged my bike up Ben More which was tough i have to say but the ride down was well worth it. I also dragged my poor girlfriend up Ben Nevis but we were blessed with amazing views and even got engaged at the top 🙂 so she forgave me haha..

I have to say Scotland is amazing, ive been twice this year already and now cant wait to go again!!

rickmeister

Nice film… looks like you had a great week…. Congrats btw…

MrGrim

Brilliant. As a Discovery, dog, bike, and woman owner, I really enjoyed that 😀

Where did you get the roof tent from for the Disco?

MrGrim

Oh and congratulations 😀

ononeorange

Great little film, thanks – what a great way to start a Friday. We know so many of the places on there – we got engaged and then married up there, fabulous.

Congrats to you both. Was the enagagement brought on early by any chance by her not being too happy on Nevis….?!! 😉

pease
    Free Member

haha.. thanks. the tent is made by rocky mountain. im about to sell it i think and get an eziawn version as we are driving out to the NordKap in december and could do with a slightly heavier duty one. they are brilliant bits of kit though!!!

Drac

Nice.

pease
    Free Member

last time i took her up there, it was a white out and over 2ft of snow and she swore never to go there again but i promised her it would be worthwhile 😉 apparently he legs have stopped aching today.. haha

ononeorange

Nice one! We got enagaged after riding through a very large mud-slick that I assured Mrs O was not cow slurry. It was.

I had been looking for that perfect moment….!!

mactheknife

Brilliant vid, thats what i love about this forum, videos and blogs like this 🙂

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Nice Video.

I’m heading up the road for week this summer. Staying in Argyll on Loch Sunart, not too far from the Isle of Mull.

That’s got me looking forward to the trip even more.

Sanny
    Free Member

Brilliant!

Where di you shoot the riding segments?

Cheers

Sanny

althepal

Bugger, can’t view it on iPhone.
    Sounds good too- disco, MTB, hills.. Sigh.

K

Nice 🙂

pease
    Free Member

chuck morris…. the riding in that video is Loch Sunart.. its beautiful!! we stayed in a cracking campsite there right on the waters edge nearly. shame i forgot my go pro for the Ben More descent as it would have been brilliant viewing 🙂

matt_outandabout

Congratulations…

And Ben More? by bike? 😯 😕 8)

pease
    Free Member

thank you 🙂 yeah…. i have to say, I’m glad i did it as the down was brilliant….BUT!!!… getting the bike to the top was brutal, especially in shorts, jersey and a pair of Vans trainers!! ha..

matt_outandabout

Meh, my landlord* may have something to say about that….

http://www.killinmrt.org.uk/pages/team-history.php

pease
    Free Member

matt… i had my biking rucksack with me with other clothing options and i wear vans when riding!! had i known id have to carry/push as much as i did i may have put my boots on…. so please dont be annoyed as I am aware of the dangers!!! im also aware of the great work mountain rescue teams carry out and the silly mistakes made by people. hence the reason i am doing my MLT!!

househusband

Really, really nice video!

(And I’ve just ordered Ben Howard’s CD too.)

pease
    Free Member

thank you!!

you wont be dissapointed!! its a great album, i love it!!!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Looks like you had great weather! 😀

pease
    Free Member

did the same everyday… rained a little in the early hours then brightened up. we were very lucky and we got views on the Ben which was a first and amazing 🙂

Special_ized_Jamie

Has it been taken down? Can’t view it anymore?

nikk
    Free Member

Great video, looks like you were blessed with good weather! Resipole campsite there, right? And the bike down to the loch shore is in the oak woodland between Salen and Strontian?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Cool vid

pease
    Free Member

nikk….. im very impressed!!!!!

doodlebug
    Free Member

What a wonderful soundtrack Pease, absolutely “Bang on” with your chosen music for your video 10/10

martinxyz
    Free Member

Brilliant!

bedmaker

That’s all wrong.

Bike + video = thrash metal.

Apart from that, as a serial bike up hill dragger, I salute you. It is not absolutely essential to look like this to get to the top of a hill.

Sandwich

Not essential, but useful to have the right kit with you if it all goes to poo with the weather.

Davesport

Congratulations Pease. That was one sweet video. Thanks 8)

pease
    Free Member

I live in the hills/mountains and know very well how quick things change!! Im lucky in the fact that I thrive in the cold. :mrgreen: its the summer months i need to take care as i waste away in the heat hahaha

even so, I dont own any red gaiters 😉 So could never prepare like that dude on the front cover 😀

pease
    Free Member

thank you davesport.. nice to look back at something when you have had a great trip!! now to plan the next!! maybe ill do a litte video of the gravity enduro next week in CYB

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Congrats! reminds me of a friend who went up BN with her fella & at the top he popped the question, she says yes & got all excited & he goes into the rucsack that she’d carried up & produced a bottle of champers & 2 glasses!
    Moral of that one is NEVER let a Royal Marine pack your rucsack!
    Nice vid btw!

imnotamused
    Free Member

Great video. Thanks, and congratulations!

pease
    Free Member

haha.. thats brilliant!! should have thought of that 😀

well, its raining here in wales, so i guess that means one thing!! I best go get my bike and go for a ride!!

matt_outandabout

so please dont be annoyed as I am aware of the dangers!!!

Not cross, and glad you were aware – Ben More seems to atract the muppets here – a few incidents last year…

pease
    Free Member

i can imagine!! its the same on most mountains unfortunately!! would like to go back and walk that whole ridge, looked amazing! definately a mountain for hiking though id say!!

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – I can through in a random image of the Ben More – Stob Binnien ridge….

2005-03-06 135227 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘A Friday video… grab a cuppa and enjoy Scotland :)’ is closed to new replies.