• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by krag.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • A few pics from todays Exmoor blast.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I have to admit to cheating today . We used an uplift rather than crunch all the way upto Dunkery Beacon. Anyway the purpose of cheating was to get max downhill miles for very little uphill pain. Exmoor has some great long downs and fantastic single track to blast down. The trails were still covered in ice which made it fun ! I'll do some Qs miles tomorrow to make up for the cheating. Comments ?

click the above pic for more pics.

saladdodger
    Free Member

looks like a top day out roll on the summer

knottie8
    Free Member

SD
    you wouldnt have liked it but im sure the headcam footage would have been a laugh.

timpol
    Free Member

Knottie,
    Im down this way soon, is it a public uplift service you used or mates? what route did you take?
    Cheers,
    Tim

Dibbs
    Free Member

Last commute across the Quantocks of the year for me today, -2 when I left home at 6am and it felt a fair bit colder as I got near work, nice ride home past Crowcombe Gate this afternoon though 🙂

knottie8
    Free Member

just for mates but parked one car at Horner carpark and took two to the top(five bikes)just down from Dunkery beacon summit. just over five minutes drive. The reason being my mate Jason aint fit enough to manage Exmoor sized hills so this was the only way to get him there. Mind you there is no reason you cant do a simular route riding up the hills(which is what I normally do).

knottie8
    Free Member

Dibbs
    are the Qs free of ice yet ?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I had a fantastic ride around Porlock & Horner this morning so must've just missed you lot.

jam-bo

Nothing cheating about uplifting, been meaning to do an exmoor one for ages…

allthepies
    Free Member

nice! that singletrack looks like Horner Woods, Lord Wasshisnames's Path and/or Granny's Ride ?

knottie8
    Free Member

Grannys .

Dibbs
    Free Member

Yesterday I rode along the top to Bicknoller Post and it wasn't too bad, but my neighbour (the Ranger) was telling me he'd kept Greatwood closed because the ice was so bad over there.
    I would expect most of it will be gone by the morning though.

oldfart

No climbing ? Where's the fun in that ? 😀
    Did 20 miles on the Mendips today cracking ride grommitt !

morpheus
    Free Member

knottie : did you cope with the ice ok ? I hit an ice sheet on sat, sore ankle now but not a break this time. I feel a right muppet.

knottie8
    Free Member

oldfart
    you old bu55er , the lack of uphill wasnt for my benefit but for my unfit mate ,jason.
    Morph
    The ice wasnt that bad really , I was in DH mode so just hit it fast and hoped.

saladdodger
    Free Member

the lack of uphill wasnt for my benefit but for my unfit mate

that one is logged for future use 😉

krag
    Free Member

We were on the Quantocks yesterday and the ridge between lydiard hill car park over to triscombe is sheet ice in places:

The rest of the ride (triscombe dh, great wood, chimney, dwd, holford and crowcombe) was pretty much ice free though.

More pics

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘A few pics from todays Exmoor blast.’ is closed to new replies.