Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A few hours in Budapest. Recommendations please
  • iolo
    Free Member

I’m meeting my sister in Budapest on Thursday. I’ll arrive 9:30 and will leave 18:45.
    Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do, what to see, where to eat?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gellert Hotel for a Spa Bath.

fossy

Karavan Street food is worth a visit. You’ve could also look at the huge Market Hall near the river – lots of places to eat there too. Maybe hop on a bus to go up to the Castle.

We had a long weekend there on a stag do in June – we covered about 22 miles walking the city, including beers in the evenings.

Flaperon

Hospital in the Rock. It’s awesome. Budget 90 mins – 2 hours.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Have to disagree with the Karavan recommendation above – it’s pretty dodgy – when we went earlier this year the burger place was charging for upgrades to “Angus beef” even though the patties were out of the same drawer in the fridge and the extra upgrade charge wasn’t being rung up through the till. The Mexican stall was doing nachos that can best be described as burnt nachos with a thick vomit like sauce on top. And the other burger bar near the entrance were staffed by complete nobbers who took great exception to being asked to do a burger without cheese as they “couldn’t do it without cheese” and then told my friend to learn proper English (he is Polish). In short – avoid.

stu170
    Free Member

I’d agree with the above, nip round the corner and get a nice chicken kebab. Or head to mozal tov, great food.
    In fact I’m gonna add a shameless link again to Mrs Stu’s blog, as we’ve been recently

https://addictedtotravel25.wordpress.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A few hours in Budapest. Recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.