Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A fall – bad or helpful?
  • Caher

I had a bit of a fall yesterday nothing broken, just a dead leg and lots of bruising. It’s been sometime since my last big fall but i started thinking about it whether it might be a good thing sometimes to fall – obviously not a major accident.

I might be more careful but does it toughen up the body? I suspect maybe not as the aches and pains i get from past sports still haunt me, more so that my non-sporty mates.

breadcrumb

I think they are only helpful when they don’t hurt, kind of good to know you aren’t made of glass.

Now when they do hurt it makes you realise that you don’t always bounce..

ampthill

I think it can be handy to know you’re or mortal, in a way where you walk away…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its almost never helpful as i plunged into a rut that I could not see that was exactly wheel sized to catapult me over the bars instantly – looked like all the other tufts only to have no middle but with the grass overgrown to hid the drop.
    I learnt that sometimes on the MTB the unexpected can happen and you will get hurt- not bad considering but sore knee may make me take it easy this week

I wont make me ride any slower or faster as result it was just one of those things

If you ride [ and to some degree push it/ride off road] you will crash

thegreatape
    Free Member

Learning to deal with crashing is helpful.

(I seem to be doing my Direct Access just now)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did you work out what you did wrong that lead to the crash? Did you learn/improve from it?

If not, no it’s not useful.
    If you did and you’re not too bruised, then yes, very useful.

It’s down to how you use the experience.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A fall – bad or helpful?’ is closed to new replies.