Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • a dislike of the warm weather?
  • Andy-R

I’m off to Greece for a couple of months on Wednesday – about 25 degrees at the minute but more like 37 at the end of July.
    Obviously I like it …..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Do you not have to be in work till lunch Ton? 😉

ton

bastid…….. 😆

cookeaa

Eh? you what?
    It was pissing it down a few weeks ago and everything was complete shite, now you are moaning that its too hot? FFS!

Half you buggers will be back to whining about it being too cold/wet in a few months, which TBH is what nobody sane likes, I understand people might dislike being a bit too humid and sweaty, but I much prefer being “too hot” to cold and/or wet…

I had a lovely weekend, I achieved very little, but did so in glorious sunshine which makes all the difference.

Hanky

I’ll willingly swop – it’s in the 40’s here and getting hotter, riding takes place at 5am…

binners

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Green and yellow fields and trees, blue skies, fluffy white clouds, warmth on your skin, winter pasty whiteness gone, girls in summer dresses, beer gardens, cider, long lazy Sundays and laughs with mates, everyone’s mood improved, picnics by the river, oh and dusty trails.

What’s not to like you bloody weirdos – and it’s not even been that hot yet!?

That articulates it absolutely perfectly to me! We had a belter of a run out yesterday on dry dusty trails. Out again tonight. And tomorrow. Some of the stuff would have been unrideable just a few weeks ago. Yesterday it was sublime!

Yes, I was sweating like a 70’s TV presenter at the top of the climbs, but thats a small price to pay. And on getting in the pub afterwards, cider was the order of the day. Its the law! 😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

There is one thing, and one thing only, which I dislike about this time of year – the flies. If someone could invent a handlebar mounted bug zapper I’d be all over it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Green and yellow fields and trees, blue skies, fluffy white clouds, warmth on your skin, winter pasty whiteness gone, girls in summer dresses, beer gardens, BEER, long RIDING Sundays and laughs with mates, everyone’s mood improved, picnics by the SEA, oh and dusty trails.

What’s not to like you bloody weirdos – and it’s not even been that hot yet!?

FIFY and THIS ^^^^^^ +1000

funkhouser
    Free Member

im with the OP. its horrible, especially when you have to come to work in it. i like it cold, crisp & sunny. i also dislike wearing short sleeves, short trousers are fine but prefer my arms covered up. also being forced to sit outside just becasue its warm & sunny! sit there and do what? theres no tv, no couch, and the internet is piss weak. cant read beacuse squinting gives me a headache and its still quite cold in the shade. i hate bbq’s too.

binners

And the hotly contested Most Miserable Moany Bastard on the Forum Award 2014 goes to…….

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

” Oooh I like it hot but not this hot !!” , that very british hobby of complaining about the cold and rain all winter and then as soon as theres a whiff of sunshine everybody either sits outside the pub getting pissed or starts moaning. I was out yesterday and it was pleasantly breezy on the tops and hot in the valley , I got home not caked in shite, didn’t have to hose me bike off and had sat in the beer garden talking cack , whats not to love.?

ton

here, it takes all sorts in life, some like bum sex some don’t, some like wendy ball, some don’t, some weirdo’s even like lager…….odd eh?…………………. 8)

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Love it. Wish it would stay like this all summer. Does get a bit uncomfortable at work but its so nice commuting home in warmth.
    Been mountain biking in Rhodes when it was nearly 40 degrees, that was very warm but bloody nice.
    As someone has said, the only bad point is flys. But loads of jungle formula spray soon sorts that.

jam-bo

don’t worry. raining again in the west country.

lemonysam
    Free Member

But loads of jungle formula spray soon sorts that.

It doesn’t stop them smacking you in the back of the throat at 30 mph when you ill advisedly try to gulp down some air mid DH run.

cinnamon_girl

Cinnamon girl I hope you feel better soon

Thank you Edward, most kind. 🙂

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It doesn’t stop the hitting you no, but it stops them sucking me dry.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘a dislike of the warm weather?’ is closed to new replies.