Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A couple of tubeless questions..
  • bgd
    Free Member

Setting up a Hope Tech Enduro wheel tubeless and have a small leak around the valve. Using Stans yellow tape with RSP valve and a Minion DHF.
    Should I have drilled out the inner valve hole so the valve sits further into the rim, and should the rubber valve o ring be on the inside or outside of the rim?

Cheers

Yak

Small valve hole in tape is fine. O ring is pointless, no need in or out.
    There is a strong chance that the leak isn’t the valve though. That’s just where the fluid is migrating to. Often it is lifted tape somewhere else. Pop the tyre off and have a look.

Give it all a decent shake first though in case it is the valve.

whitestone
    Free Member

Most likely that you have pushed the tape about a bit. Take the tyre off and check it.

downhilldave

I normally brush some latex around the stem when fitting if it still leaks with the soapy water test hold the valve to the bottom and give a good shake about. The stem needs to be quite tight IMO. Also put some latex around the ” O” ring if you have one.

EDIT O ring under the round nut jobbie

chrishc777
    Free Member

Tighten up the valve and slosh it all about, minor leaks are to be expected in tubeless set up initially. Give it a ride and it’ll settle

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks all. Thought I had it a couple of times as the tyre stays up for 24 hours but then goes down. Could hear air escaping around the valve so will have a fiddle and see what’s what.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Set it up with a tube first. Put plenty of air In and leave overnight, the tube will push the tape into place and ensure its properly stuck down. Small hole for the valve in the tape, just cut a tiny cross with a Stanley knife and force the valve through.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A couple of tubeless questions..’ is closed to new replies.