Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • A Cotic Dilemma…
  • mr_stru

I'm really not sure what all this very steep at 100mm stuff is about. I run my soul at 100mm and it's fantastic. Really nippy through tight singletrack and seems perfectly fine on everything else. I've not run it at longer travel but don't really feel inclined to as it's great as it is and I quite like nippy bikes.

That said, I imagine if you do a lot of steep stuff you'd want it a bit higher at the front but I'm also not sure it's really the bike for that sort of thing anyway.

I'd wait for the colour you want though. And March is when the nice weather starts so you'll have less getting the new bike clarty angst.

ianpinder
    Free Member

damn you people, because of this thread i just bought a prince albert. luckly it was only 180 instad of a 400 cotic.

Northwind

Soul's not "very steep" at 100mm, it's fairly standard for a 100m frame really, slightly slacker than many. Remember Cotic's figures on the website are always sagged not static, so it's 70/73 but with 25% sag.

ampthill

Based on 120mm forks?

ononeorange

Orange!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Based on 100mm ampthill.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

I'm pretty certain it says on the Cotic site that Cy runs 100mm forks on his Soul.

Have you tried calling all the shops that sell Cotics for an orange one

kelvin

Cy runs 100mm forks most of the time on his Soul, although he has had 140mm Thors on there quite a bit for Peak District stuff I think.

Angles shown on site are based on 100mm forks, and more precisely :
    "Most 100mm forks are between 475 and 480mm these days,
    and because everything's got so linear in the air springs, I've not
    used more than 25mm sag for years, which gives around
    450mm a-c and 70/73."
    – from Cy

Would it be useful to have diagrams and angles on the site for typical 120mm and 140mm fork setups (plus 160mm for the BFe)?

While it might arguably make some sense to look at angles on an un-sagged full sus bike, as it's going to compress at both ends, I feel it's not very useful with hardtails.

Hooter
    Free Member

At your weight, I would go for the Soul not the BeFe. I'm 13 stone and found the BeFe a bit harsh for all days rides (a really great bike otherwise tho)

ampthill

Thanks for the replies. It is all quite confusing. That makes the Cotic abit slacker than the Genesis Altitude which has the same angles, but based on a 120mm fork 25% sagged.

(but not by much Cotic 75mm from fully compressed, Altitude 90mm from fully compressed)

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘A Cotic Dilemma…’ is closed to new replies.