Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • A computer company made something new for people to buy.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That is all.

cheese@4p

No way

miketually
    Free Member

And it’s a bit faster than the old one you know. And the camera’s a bit better.

iDave
    Free Member

iZZZzzzz

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I phone fourandahalf!

clubber
    Free Member

the fanbois are very lame.

so is this thread.

guess it all evens out.

Pook

Why doesn’t the BBC spunk a thousand column inches all over the latest launch from HTC, Samsung, Nokia or whoever?

iMugs.

donsimon
    Free Member

Having seen what a constuction company has on offer, I think I might just skip the S2 and go for their new offering.

deluded
    Free Member

I’ll never become an iSlave.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.

bruneep

Had look on the Dell site but couldna see owt new?

slimjim78
    Free Member

drives me mental. FTiP. FTW

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That is all.

Yet it grabbed your attention and imagination sufficiently to make you feel compelled to post on here about it, in a failed attempt at irony. 😆

And the truth is, that deep down, you really, really want one. So much so that you have to go on internet forums to claim how much you don’t, in an attempt to convince even yourself that you don’t, but you cannot hide from the Truth….

Brilliant. I love Apple.

mrmo
    Free Member

Maybe the minor detail that s many of the Apple haters seem to not have noticed is that Apple seem to be leading the market, So what Apple does gets press.

When was the last time Nokia introduced a new phone that was worthy of comment, a phone that actually changed the game in anyway?

You may not like Apple but would you have the phone or computer you have if Apple hadn’t existed?

And Apple knows marketing.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8[/video]

slimjim78
    Free Member

im not an Apple hater, i think their devices are excellent. i just hate the fact that so many sheep people cant seem to talk about anything other than their iphones, whilst coming up for air during use of their iphones..

iPhones and smart phones/mobile phones are incredible. the world was better without them. how d’ya like them apples?

jon1973
    Free Member

the fanbois are very lame.

That’s a load of iCrap.

JulianA
    Free Member

Writing this from an Apple product right now. Microsoft boy through and through (as I’m a Visual Studio addict by profession) when it comes to computers, but an iPhone will be my next phone, I hope. Never going down the Android route as I have too many useful Apple apps which I doubt are available on Android.

aracer
    Free Member

would you have the phone or computer you have if Apple hadn’t existed?

Yes

RealMan
    Free Member

You may not like Apple but would you have the phone or computer you have if Apple hadn’t existed?

Nokia phone, emachines laptop. So yes.

ipod though..

May considered getting an iphone eventually, but nokias just seem so much more reliable. They don’t make ’em like they used to though. Might eventually give up and get an iphone (though one of the older models, new ones are way too much money).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think what Mrmo is trying to say, is that Apple helped change the way people used computers (like frinstance developing the first commercially available computer to use a GUI), through to the iMac all in one solution, and made using computers much more accessible to ordinary non-techy people. And brought out things like the iPod and iPhone and stuff which integrate fully with their computers, whereas virtually every other braynd needs proprietary/extra software and that. And no matter how much you ‘hate’ Apple, you can’t deny they are the most popular braynd for electronic devices such as computers, music players, ‘phones and other bits.

Apple leads the way in terms of how we have come to use computers, ‘phones etc. Everyone else is playing catch up, and not doing it all quite so well. Does Dell have a fully integrated range of computers, media players, ‘phones, tablets etc? HTC? Archos? Sony? HP? No. None of them offer everything Apple does.

rOcKeTdOg

.Brilliant. I love Apple

shocker 🙄

Pook

think what Mrmo is trying to say, is that Apple helped
    change the way people used computers (like frinstance
    developing the first commercially available computer to use
    a GUI),

good points well made elfin, but why oh why do you undermine your argument by typing like that?

pook – on an android phone. Later to edit some video on a mac.

grahamh
    Free Member

think what Mrmo is trying to say, is that Apple helped
    change the way people used computers (like frinstance
    developing the first commercially available computer to use
    a GUI),

Somethng they stole from Xerox.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

TheFlyingOx

Maybe the minor detail that s many of the Apple haters seem to not have noticed is that Apple seem to be leading the market, So what Apple does gets press.

When was the last time Nokia introduced a new phone that was worthy of comment, a phone that actually changed the game in anyway?

See that’s not quite it though, is it? The iPhone is just a chunk of electrical wizardy in exactly the same way the Samsung Galaxy S2 is, or the HTC Sensation, or any number of smartphones. Nothing really to distinguish them.

It’s the operating system that’s the key. And I think you’ll find that in that respect Google’s Android is (just about) leading the way. Or not. Depends on which survey you believe.

Not a fanboi or hater either. I have a Jesusphone and an Android one.

mogrim

And brought out things like the iPod and iPhone and stuff which integrate fully with their computers, whereas virtually every other braynd needs proprietary/extra software and that

What, like iTunes? I’d quite like an iPhone, but having to use that steaming pile of poo is the main reason I haven’t got one right now.

aracer
    Free Member

And brought out things like the iPod and iPhone and stuff which integrate fully with their computers, whereas virtually every other braynd needs proprietary/extra software and that. because they come with the (not very highly rated) proprietary software pre-intalled, saving a full 5 minutes of your time

FTFY

cynic-al
    Free Member

JulianA –
    Writing this from an Apple product right now. Microsoft boy through and through (as I’m a Visual Studio addict by profession) when it comes to computers, but an iPhone will be my next phone, I hope. Never going down the Android route as I have too many useful Apple apps which I doubt are available on Android.

WOw you’ve really researched your position eh? 🙄

Netdonkey

Apple have achieved what may companies try to do and fail. They have/had a visionary figurehead in the shape of Mr Jobs who provided that company with a clear vision and long term strategy to deliver it.
    Their model works on control pure and simple, they control the hardware, software programming language, the distribution, retail, marketing etc. With apple there is a simple choice, follow them and trust in their roadmap and you will have a suite of products that will work very well together but you will get what Apple want you to have. The other option is the Android model. Someone controls the Operating system, someone else controls the hardware, others control the software that is developed. You have more choice but not the interoperability.

Sadly Microsoft sit somwhere inbetween, and Nokia committed to a 3rd party Operating system that never kept up!

The oatmeal comic strip is right, and I am sure that is exactly what Apple wanted. End of the day they are there to make money and they do it very well!

Pook

I can use my HTC as a USB drive. It fully integrates with my laptop.

There’s another braynded (insert your own translation here, suggestions include ‘branded’ and ‘braindead’) phone that won’t do that.

derek_starship
    Free Member

All I can hear in our office is talk of the 4S. Better camera this, longer battery life that. Faster OS. Jesus wept.

I remember when people used to anticipate the day the Mayflies dance.

Pook

And technically, wasn’t it all financed by Forrest Gump anyway?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNa4EMUWnAc[/video]

DezB
    Free Member
    brakes
    Free Member

more Daily Mash

DezB
    Free Member

nice one brakes.

😆

andytherocketeer

And brought out things like the iPod and iPhone and stuff which integrate fully with their computers, whereas virtually every other braynd needs proprietary/extra software and that

The only extra software my computer needs to communicate with my mp3 player is USB Mass Storage. Oh, sorry that’s built in to every major OS out there. Plug in MP3 player, select what music I want on the device, drag, drop. Nothing proprietary like erm iTunes there 😉 And no automatic transcoding nonsense like on $ony.

What, like iTunes? I’d quite like an iPhone, but having to use that steaming pile of poo is the main reason I haven’t got one right now.

^^ that.

Nokia committed…

haha lol rofflemayo.
    They’ve committed to just about every platform out there, except IOS, all at the same time, bought their own, binned it, committed to a new one, and then announced that they’re still committed to another one for tablets, which if they had any sense would have committed to 2 years ago 😉 Maybe if they had done that, they wouldn’t have lost a load of market share to HTC, Samsung et al.

/me will buy android, even if it does mean a few cents got to M$ in licensing fees. Funny that the monopoly we all thought would rule the world actually earns more from license fees from its competitor than it does from its own work;)

jackthedog
    Free Member

good points well made elfin, but why oh why do you undermine your argument by typing like that?

Been wondering this myself.

JulianA
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

JulianA –

WOw you’ve really researched your position eh?

Er, yes. A quick search for the following Android apps reveals that they don’t seem to exist:

A bird guide
    A moth and butterfly guide
    A dragonfly guide
    A mushroom guide
    A tree guide
    A wild flowers guide

Also, when doing a bit of research into Android apps it seemed that you need an Android device to access the Android Market, whereas you can see what’s on the App Store from a PC.So you have to buy something before you know whether you can get what you want to run on it? No thanks!

I know that Visual Studio can be run on a Mac – but a Windows PC suits me a lot better for what I do – as far as I know, not having tried a Mac!

MrSmith
    Free Member

haters and fanboys.
    both cretins.
    it’s a phone, get over it.

aracer
    Free Member

haters and fanboys.
    both cretins.

Which are you?

chvck
    Free Member

Also, when doing a bit of research into Android apps it seemed that you need an Android device to access the Android Market, whereas you can see what’s on the App Store from a PC.So you have to buy something before you know whether you can get what you want to run on it? No thanks!

https://market.android.com/?hl=en

Works perfectly well for me. If I sign in from my PC then I can also install apps to my android and it’ll only let me install apps that work on my device too.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Which are you?

neither. i’m a ‘power user’ couldn’t do my job without apple products*

*i could but it would be slower, less stable, involve hardware/software workarounds, compatability issues, harder to use and mean a drop in productivity. any increase in hardware cost is negated by money earned after a days paid use.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘A computer company made something new for people to buy.’ is closed to new replies.