Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • a complete wasted weekend. (i hate bank holidays).
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

In Hong Kong, we got Monday May 1st, and we also get Wednesday May 3rd (Buddha’s birthday). So the general idea is:

Friday – light drinking
    Saturday – bike ride
    Sunday – barely left my bed
    Monday – bike ride
    Tuesday – feigning work in empty office
    Wednesday – bike ride.

That’ll do nicely. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thursday – feigning work in empty office
    Friday – feigning work in empty office

😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

Fair 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bit of a non-event in my house.

Mrs Jay works every Monday, doesn’t matter if it’s a bank holiday, xmas day or the rapture, she works. Fridays too so Easter is equally damp.

Wasn’t a bad weekend, Sat finally cleared out the garage, less old lady crap left over from the last resident and more bike workshop, took the ladies in my life for afternoon tea and a bit of shopping. Sun took a road trip to Cannock. Mon, took the kids to see my Mum as she’s home now, traffic getting there meant it took twice as long and because of this need to make the most of it all other venues crammed so we came home and as the little one was all tired out had a Paw Patrol marathon and took turns to nap.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I jut sunburnt on mull.

It was aweful.

ton

riding to work this morning, I felt fresh and rested. maybe a weekend doing sod all was a good idea.

Coyote
    Free Member

Friday was a bit of a downer as I found out I hadn’t got the job I was going for. However Parkrun Saturday morning with my lad and his mate. Afternoon in the garden and friends round in the evening for food and beer. Sunday at the folks for lunch and then me and the boy watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Awesome! Family bike ride on Monday, few beers and early night.

Love bank holidays!

midlifecrashes

Looking forward to a quiet day Sunday, mrsmidlife taking our son and three mates for 15th birthday to Alton Towers with daughter in tow too. Excellent, just me and (ill)eldest at home. Might even ride a bike for an hour or two.

Nope, just before ten the phone goes, my son. Mrsmidlife has stopped in the lanes of Staffordshire for a cheeky wee behind a hedge(country girl at heart), and promptly fallen down a bank and dislocated her shoulder, ambulance job. That leaves five teenagers, none of them drivers, one of whom has bad anxiety problems and is nonverbal stranded at a quarry entrance lane in the arse end of nowhere. Marvellous. Luckily my brother lives in Uttoxeter and is very capable, and went up for the initial pickup of the kids and got them to the theme park for the day, but then the working out which hospital she’d gone to, tracking her down, getting her patched up, getting my big car form Uttoxeter, picking up the walking wounded, collecting my brother’s car from the quarry, collecting the anxious one from Uttoxeter where she’d had to sit the day out, back to Alton Towers to get the boys and home. Life, just one damned thing after another. Now to get the eldest up and down to her outpatients appointment in Nottingham, let’s see what today can throw at me.

whitestone
    Free Member

When I was self-employed I would often work bank holidays and take the time off later.

This BH was brilliant – three days biking in the north of Scotland recceing the northern loop of the Highland Trail with virtually no rain (a light five minute shower on Saturday afternoon that didn’t warrant putting a jacket on). Rare that a full weekend’s riding goes pretty well exactly to plan.

Nearly got taken out by a deer running across the road between Oykel Bridge and Rosehall, ran between my wife and me through a gap of about four bike lengths. The car driver heading the opposite way was a bit shocked as well!

brassneck

Bad: Having to change the wheel on the van in a car park on Saturday, with about 1 ft between me and the car next to me. Managed to charm it out (with the extra long breaker bar charm), the car next to me pulls out, only to be immediately replaced by another who wasn’t discouraged by the jack, tools and spare wheel littered liberally around me.

Good: 83km and 700m climbing Sunday on the road bike

Better: Ride to the May Day fair with the 3 boys and Mrs B – we do this every year and seeing the difference in speed and endurance with each step is amazing. As is figuring out how much it’s going to cost me in bikes as at least one will appear too small for them.

benp1

Welsh Ride Thing this bank hol weekend, always a good way to spend a few days!

iainc

yeah crap really … 🙂

martinhutch

I felt fresh and rested. maybe a weekend doing sod all was a good idea.

Judging by your recent threads on fatigue/fitness, that sounds about right.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Shit, best of luck to Mrs Futtock!

ransos
    Free Member

I did a mini cycle tour with the family. So pretty damn fine, actually.

amatuer

I agree with the OP.
    OK, we had unusually great weather for a BH, but normally it’s rubbish, main roads for getting to / from the trails are packed and takes twice as long to go anywhere and with my luck, something always breaks. And being a BH, everywhere is closed and I can’t get spares / replacements. The missus had stuff planned with the kids, so I went to work. No phones ringing, no emails distracting me and actually managed to clear half my To-Do list. Not supposed to be riding my bike anyway, so it wasn’t a lost day on the trails.

milky1980
    Free Member

I would ban bank holidays if I ever came to power, the things make everyone go ballistic about having to do something so they clog up the nice bits of the country or all go shopping 👿

Thankfully I have a solution. I work them so that I get more time off during the week and get a lieu day to use for something when everyone else is in work. As I only work 4 days a week I can swap weekdays with anyone who gets drawn out for a BH (we raffle them) so I end up with an extra day off midweek and a day in lieu! Means I can go enjoy the nice bits of the country in peace while everyone else is working 😀

zippykona

Milky ,you do realise in the next life you will spend all your bank holidays in ikea.

milky1980
    Free Member

Bloody hope not 😯

My sister got that side of the genetics, 2 pictures in FB of my nephew falling asleep on the beds there from this one!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘a complete wasted weekend. (i hate bank holidays).’ is closed to new replies.