Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • A Bling Too Far? Boardman & pics content….
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Just fitted a new, stubby stem and am now suffering neurotic anxiety regarding its bling-ness. Too much? Stop worrying, start riding? Fix fence / cut grass?

_

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

it's OK

But the red panel on the saddle does not go at all.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Get the Gold Bar to match 😉

devs
    Free Member

Aye. Bin the saddle.

peteimpreza

Looks like a good bike.

But must try harder on the bling.

He could have gold

Valve caps.
    Gold grips.
    Gold chainring bolts.
    Gold jockey wheels.
    Gold centers to floating rotors.
    Gold (read yellow) Crank Brothers Candy pedals.
    Gold brake levers (If he had HOPE)
    Gold headset and top cap and bolt.
    Cant't think of anyone who would put all that on one bike. 😯

CountZero

Don't have a problem with the gold, although I'm not sure about the length of that stem, I use a 70mm stem on my hardtail. But the red flash on the saddle is obtrusive.

user-removed
    Free Member

The pedals are actually a champagney goldy colour (bought from classifieds)!

Don't think I could handle any more bling – I already feel a bit self-conscious…..

Off to look for a nice yellow saddle – Wiggle had a nice Selle-Italia one with funny wings on sale at £50 odd notes, but it's out of stock now 🙁

Any recommendations?

colnagokid

the angle of the saddle looks a bit dodgy(to me),what about a nice grey or silver one? and you need to sort the weeds out 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just get a saddle in black. The best saddle I've bought so far was also the cheapest: Charge Spoon.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

You can get gold levers for the Juicy 7's, Straitline ones.

user-removed
    Free Member

Colnagokid – saddle's way low as we had a few rounds of some cheeky 'straight-down' new trails at GT last week – terrifying and v steep… Weeds. Meh.

Swiftacular – those levers look amazing but I'm drawing the line at a saddle for the time being…..!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Is that colour described as Stale Urine in the brochures? Each to his or her own I guess 😉

colnagokid

Fairy nuff!

Smee
    Free Member

There are no new or cheeky straight down trails at GT – they have been there for years. Since before the kitty litter was there.

How is the handling with that short stem?

taka
    Free Member

raceface gold cranks? gold hubs?gold bottle cage bolts gold bottle cage???

user-removed
    Free Member

Hora – they're the ones by the Ewok stuff – we'd never seen them before. Don't know what the handling's like yet – I'm hoping it'll be much improved……

Munquechick – do you mean the stem or the frame?

Please stop suggesting gold stuff to buy – my wife's reading this

🙂

Smee
    Free Member

I'll **** Hora you you cheeky ****. 😀

nickc

Nice bike spoilt. Sorry

Haribo
    Free Member

hang a left just past the picnic table on the red fireroad just before ewok

think the ewos trails link in to this. if this isnt the one then is it the one off the top blue descent which is a bit "interesting"? or the currently closed trail with scarey timber bridges

i could go on but i wont. 😈

user-removed
    Free Member

Oh well, the majority of people on here seem to think it's not too much like a bike wearing a sovereign ring, so it'll stay on….

EDIT; Haribo – it's the one on the right, just past the short cut to the Ewok Village. Looks like someone's taken a bulldozer for a joyride straight down the hill.

rOcKeTdOg

however much bling here is, it'll always be a Boardman 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

Best bike I've ever ridden – and the rear mech is worth more than my old Kona beater 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

only joshing, i've heard good things about them

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Obviously the stem, if you think the frame then you have some problems with grey pi** .. sorry but I don't like it! I think it's the shade of yellow .. ..

user-removed
    Free Member

Actually, it's described as, "Day After a Whole Bottle of Malt Whisky P1ss".

littlebear
    Free Member

Why would you try and build an Xc bike into something its never gonna be? Each to there own i guess. I would spend the money on a decent frame first then upgrade the bits later, Page one!

user-removed
    Free Member

littlebear – fair point. I guess I'm looking for the holy Grail – a do-it-all bike. Obviously, it's never gonna be a jump bike or an amazing descender, but if a shorter stem helps me ride more smoothly, I'm willing to put up with the weight gain / twitchiness on the flats.

I may end up with a comprimise or just a plain fugly bike but it can't hurt to try different bits can it?

Oh, and I reckon the frame is spot on – OK it doesn't have A NAME but it's light and hasn't snapped yet. You broken one recently?

littlebear
    Free Member

I don't break bikes, just components occasionally. Otherwise i would be posting on BMX forum or DIRT perhaps.

I think that if you look hard enough you will find plenty of good looking bikes that suit you requirements. But for the time being enjoy you bike and ride the sh1te out of it! Until you can afford a frame that really says something about the way you ride!

There is no holy grail and never will be! Unless you only ride one discipline/ style. a compromise perhaps but a grail… NA!

😉

user-removed
    Free Member

I think that if you look hard enough you will find plenty of good looking bikes that suit you requirements.

Uuumm I thought I already had 🙄

Just needs a wee bit of tinkering 🙂

B@rney
    Free Member

nickc – is correct… not good!!

djglover
    Free Member

One word:

Totally Wrong

pitduck
    Free Member

i like it, as for a name how about barry 😀

user-removed
    Free Member

Not good / wrong as in style or in terms of handling? Or some other reason? Actually, never mind – I don't actually care 🙂

I'm going to ride it anyway and enjoy doing it too. So there.

Northwind

I think it looks horrendous. I just don't care that much, as long as it works.

user-removed
    Free Member

djglover – Member
    One word: Totally Wrong

Holy cr@p – that's a 'back-from-the-pub-and-forgot-how-to-count' opinion if ever I saw one.

tails
    Free Member

I think it looks alright, i like the frame. I'm not big into bling parts and gold is very bling. But it looks like a good all-rounder. There has gotta be comfier saddles out there, charge, SDG, fizik. . .

djglover – Member
    One word:

Totally Wrong

hahaha! Are you a football pundit?

Grasshopper say……….

…Get over yourself and you shall once more be at one with your bike.

Oh, and that saddle's fookin minging.

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers tails – I'm so not a bling kind of a person – the rot set in with the seatpost clamp, moved into the pedals and got out of hand with the stem…..

P1ssArtist – in what way have I got under myself?

Gary_M
    Free Member

It's a boardman – do you really think it will ever be 'bling' – enjoy riding it though

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘A Bling Too Far? Boardman & pics content….’ is closed to new replies.