Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • a-bit-too-long On-One swapout bolts – who's fixed them?
  • bentudder

I’ve got a Scandal V2, and the swapout bolts seem to be a little bit too long – two of them rotate in the frame / swapout when fully tightened. Replacements are out of stock at the moment, so I’m waiting on the next container to come in. In the mean time, has anyone had any luck with either padding or filing these bolts to get them a wee bit tighter? I’m loathe to cut them down, as I don’t have the means to do it accurately. Has anyone got old of washers slim enough to fit in the recesses?

wwaswas

I think the issue was with the ‘outers’ being too long and the bolts bottoming out on them before they were clamping the dropouts securely?

I just filed a couple of mm off each one with a fairly smooth hand file.

As you do it slowly you can keep an eye on progress and adjust/test as you go along.

bentudder

Ta matey! That does seem to be the problem, yes.
    My concern is that, if these go out of stock permanently (I’m not saying they will mind, and the chap at Planet X I just spoke to said they were waiting for a shipment in 2-3 weeks), then I have no way of replacing any that I muck up.
    At the moment only the bolts for the steel frames are on the site (and out of stock), so I’m crossing my fingers and toes the Scandal ones will come back in.
    Saw these on CRC – might do at a pinch. Getting the tape measure out this evening: E13 bolts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘a-bit-too-long On-One swapout bolts – who's fixed them?’ is closed to new replies.