Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • A bit of praise for Leisure Lakes..
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

Broke my hub Saturday morning, took it to them in the afternoon. Said it would be ready Monday, which seemed pretty good anyway. Got a text Sunday midday to say it was ready. Thanks very much.

mrh86

I've always got great servicee in Leisure Lakes as well. (Lancaster)

benji_allen
    Free Member

Bum. Missed that bit. Was Cheltenham one.

Trampus
    Free Member

+1 Lancaster branch. Always had great service from them.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[EDIT] I was deliberately trying to avoid the swear filter, don't think much of Leisure Lakes in Cheltenham though [EDIT]

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

+2 lancaster branch.Went in there the other day for a new tyre and asked about buying the plate that goes in spd shoes (what screws into the cleats)and they gave me one f.o.c

jim29
    Free Member

Gotta say LL in Cheltenham are pretty shocking!

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

+1 bury branch. Back wheel/hub broke and being fixed under warranty.

They gave me a replacement back wheel while mine was being fixed.

Got text saying everything is fixed.

Always had great service.

sv

Tried to palm me of with a new set of wheels when they clearly had been used. On the replacement set the rear hub was missing the spacer between the freehub and the hub body. All finally sorted after about four weeks, quite frustrating having to do all the chasing.

hora
    Free Member

In general I bet Leisure Lakes are making shedloads from through the door sales so wouldnt bother too much about bad customer experience. Only when the customers stop coming through the door would they bother then it'd be too late.

Look at a certain DH. Just shows there are sooo many customers out there to churn through as long as you have an internet shopping facility.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

As I was opening this thread I was thinking I'd be surprised if this was the Cheltenham LL's and I am.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Maybe I've been lucky. I don't use them a massive amount but the staff have been real good lately. A couple of years ago I had a dealing with a young lad who was less than helpful, but not seen him for a long time. Seen one of their lads out and about a couple of times and he's always friendly. One of their mechanics has always been helpful too.

Not always perfect, but was really pleased with them this time.

rbrstr
    Free Member

you should try the Daventry branch, just dont bang your head on the sign hanging above the door that says "staff will talk to you like you're a cock if you spend less than ten pounds"

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I have to say I've not used them for a couple of years so I can't really comment on recent service. I used to go in and you'd be given a date for service work which was in the dim distant future.

Good to hear they are doing good things.

jakeclyro
    Free Member

i have used cheltenham once to help out with servicing my bike, and they were fine.

just out of increase, any riders in the cheltenham area, can you recommend an LBS?

benji_allen
    Free Member

Not really spoilt for choice tbh. Cheltenham Cycles are always helpful, but quite a small shop. Think there's one up Montpellier way but never been in there. There's Noahs Ark over Stroud way, but although I bought a bike from them a couple of years ago, I never really used them much. Think Leisure Lakes is the biggest. There's always Halfords 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I have to say they have always been very helpful in LL on the shop floor – my dismay has been over trying to get small rush jobs done (you know the ones – the ones where your bike has failed and you need it repairing in time for something but its only a small job and you think it should take 2 mins).

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Cheltenham cycles are a small shop AND?????????? your point is?With two skill mechanics who have years of experience who can do anything.Have all the Hope spares etc.Who sort out alot of bikes which have come from Leisure Lakes where the people dont want to take them back there drew to cockups.SO BIGGEST IS BEST??.Never experience that in my life where shops are concerned.
    Jakeclyro take your bike to Cheltenham Cycles they will sort it for you.

nickc

you should try the Daventry branch, just dont bang your head on the sign hanging above the door that says "staff will talk to you like you're a cock if you spend less than ten pounds"

Really? Been going for years now, more or less the nearest I've got to an LBS, and the fellas in there have never been anything other than great as far as I'm concerned

benji_allen
    Free Member

Remedyflyer, did I state a problem with Cheltenham Cycles?

Cheltenham Cycles are always helpful, but quite a small shop

Always heard good things about them. Just saying they are a small shop.

Kuco

I always think it depends on who you see. I've had great service from Ian and Matt in the Daventry store, been using them for years even when it was originally Climbhigh cycles.

There is certain members of the staff I won't deal with but I guess thats like most shops.

nickegg
    Free Member

-1 for the Cheltenham branch!

Managed to take 2 hours to swap over bars/stem/seatpost on my new Orange 5 (which came with the Performance pack that i hadn't even ordered)despite being told it would be done straight away. When i got the bike home i discovered that BOTH stem bolts had been stripped!!!!!

Did someone say they have 2 really experienced mechanics 🙄

fubar
    Free Member

I have to say they have always been very helpful in LL on the shop floor

What, they come onto the shop floor ?!
    I thought they all huddled behind the counter all day long (Bury branch…but I've not visited in over 2 years)

benji_allen
    Free Member

Bugger. WIsh I hadn't said anything now. All the bike shops in Cheltenham have been helpful to me. Even Halfords (might've been Bikehut then) when I bought a GT years ago.

earl_brutus

I live literally across the road from the LL Derby branch and do find them fairly unhelpful, (have to book stuff in weeks in advance) disorganised ( they forget to put you in the diary so when you do turn up weeks later, err sorry mate its not booked in) and expensive, assuming they have what you want in stock, ( its usually err sorry mate we'll have to order that in for you)!
    hence i buy most stuff off here or merlins and now fix all my own bikes my self

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Hi Benji-allen you have not directly said anything against Cheltenham Cycles but you keep on about them being small which refers to them as not being capable of doing the work,which is totally wrong as they can do anything especially wheels as the one mechanic has been doing wheels for thirty years.Your choice you waited for your wheel if you had gone into cheltenham cycles with it on saturday you would of come away with it on saturday done.But as you say you like Big Shops and like waiting i will stick to the SMALL ONE and no waiting.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheltenham Cycles everytime for work to be done. They have sorted me out no end in the past. Really know what they are doing.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

unlike you then bushwacked 😉

benji_allen
    Free Member

keep on about them being small

Said it once, then just re quoted myself. Didn't refer to them as not being capable of doing the work at all. I didn't say I prefer big shops either. Maybe I worded it wrong, but you're just turning into something else. My apologies if I offended you.

Goz
    Free Member

🙄

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

The lads in the Breaston Branch are great. Always price match and always helpful.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

LOL!! Fixed my headset – good as new 😉

ex-pat
    Free Member

I've bought bikes from LL Cheltenham, and they were fine. No matey stuff, but that's fine by me.
    Bike has been rock solid ever since.
    Even rebuilt a DH wheel pronto some time ago – also stayed true.
    Don't expect uber-discount and they're fine as a shop.

mildred

Yup, Been going to Breaston for years and wouldn't go anywhere else for most things – no point, they price match and usually have what i want in stock. Andy, the manager is a star, and most of the staff are very helpful.

OLD.SKOOL.FOOL
    Free Member

And you lot wonder why your called whinging pomes. Jesus, one guys says a nice word towards a bike shop and then people get on here and chastise him because he's had a good experience! I say well done to Benji_allen for actually stepping out of the "Moan Zone" and saying thank you for the service. Well done to you

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘A bit of praise for Leisure Lakes..’ is closed to new replies.