• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Leku.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A 26" version of the Carrera Blast 24 threads, please
  • MoreCashThanDash

LittleMissMC has pretty much outgrown her 24″ wheeled Frog, but is only 4’10” so not quite big enough for a 27.5″ bike yet, so I’m thinking of a cheap, light 26″ wheeled bike/frame build as a stepping stone for a year or two. Hardtail, possibly rigid. Budget £300 tops, which I managed with her brother but that has used up most of my spares.

Inspire me with pics and tales of cheap bikes/frames and how you have blinged and lightened them for your darling offspring, like the Carrera Blast 24 threads

cookeaa

Carerra ‘Kraken’ or ‘vulcan’ isn’t it, in the smaller sizes, my missus has the women’s version can’t remember the name, quite good frame for the money though.

MoreCashThanDash

Cheers, will look at them. Depends how small they go down to in frame sizes

lazybike
    Free Member

I think voodoo have a 26″ junior bike in their range..

lllnorrislll
    Free Member

2nd hand 14in Inbred?? My wife’s 5ft and she has one and an old 13 kona on 26 wheels

MoreCashThanDash

Yes, she’s tried a friend’s Inbred, a bit long in the top tube at present, but that’s the sort of thing I’ve got my eye on.

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/kids-bikes/voodoo-nzumbi-mountain-bike-26

£325 but with extra 10% BC discount.

Great bike for the money.

MoreCashThanDash

Love that Voodoo – can’t seem to find a weight for it though but we have a Cycle Republic handy for the office

Leku
    Free Member

I think it was about 28lbs. Not light but not BSO heavy.

Ours now has Stans / Crest wheels, full XT 1 x 10 and XT brakes. The joys of a well stocked ‘trickle-down’ pile.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A 26" version of the Carrera Blast 24 threads, please’ is closed to new replies.