Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 8ft Tsunami about to hit Hawaii
  • genesis
    Free Member

apparently!

wors

parents are in NZ at the moment, apparently its hitting there too.

psychle
    Free Member

20cm in NZ apparently…

now for Hawaii, surfs up, duuuude… 8)

genesis
    Free Member

way

flatfish
    Free Member

the wifes parents and brother with his family are up on high ground in hawaii as we speak.

bruneep

watch here

out going tidal surge

Taff
    Free Member

I'm hoping it doesn't hit chile. My girlfriends family are from concepcion and were only just starting to hear from them

CountZero

Will the surfer's even notice?

phildowling
    Free Member

8foot Hawaii? that's just a small day compared to local surf!…Like the live feed link, just showed some random guy paddling out at his local spot 🙂

Fingers crossed for all though on a serious note

genesis
    Free Member

Now they reckon that Japan might get it badly.

On a side note how hot is the female anchor on Fox News, channel 509 on Sky.

Taff
    Free Member

Think he must've meant 80ft! The news this morning was speculating that Easter Island, Australia, Japan, Hawaii and Chille may be affected although there might not be any affect at all

Drac

It's 8 feet not 80 feet that would be a record height surely.

Hmmm 80 feet is far from a record it would seem.

Taff
    Free Member

well 8 feet is nothing major

davygravy
    Free Member

Its not the height of the wave thats deadly, its the amount of water thats behind it caused by billions of tons of displaced water. The Tsunami of boxing day a few years ago that killed around a third of a million people was only around 8 feet high in places. 8 feet high 'wind' generated waves are different from 8 feet Tsunami generated waves by a long shot, with the later having billions of tons of momentum behind it.

If you want to talk about height, feast your eyes on this for a largest Tsunami ever witnessed.
    Extreme Science
    Thats 500m in height in case you can't be bothered to read it all. This one was generated by half a hillside collapsing into the sea and only affected a short area because the water displaced was only in the bay where the landslip occured. 😯

Travis

also, they come in at a higher speed than a regular wave, that, with the extra weight, makes the wave travel further inland.

The surfers should notice the difference

davygravy
    Free Member

Momentum is mass multiplied by speed as shown in the equation p=mv. p is momentum, m is mass, and v is velocity (speed). I think a surfer would sh!t their wet suit if they tried to surf one of these. It would be a bit like trying to ski or board down a 2000ft avalanche like the 2 guys that survived at Glencoe. 😮

easygroove
    Free Member

Was at Manly and Freshwater Beach in Sydney from about 9am-12pm and the at Curl Curl at about 230pm-330pm – nothing happended as far as i know. They mentioned there would be some strange currents but no 'wave'. Beaches were closed and quiet for asunday but still plenty of surfers out at North Curl Curl

coffeeking
    Free Member

Taff – it started IN chile didn't it? Where the largest recorded earthquake was just a few hours ago?!

stugus
    Free Member

I'd like to add some thing to the useless list….

Digital picture frames… wtf? what a waste of power.

stugus
    Free Member

lol, i'm in the wrong thread arn't I.

sorry all, carry on!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Stugus – how do yo work that out?

singletrackhor
    Free Member

+1
    Digital picture frames are useless in 8ft tsunami waves
    🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Might be able to surf a big one 🙂

BigJohn

2 Metre Tsunami hit Gloucestershire today.

A 5star Severn Bore. Quite a high one, apparently.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘8ft Tsunami about to hit Hawaii’ is closed to new replies.