Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • 800mm bars
  • poah
    Free Member

Depends on the bike geo – I’m about 5’6.5″ and have 800mm bars on my suppressor (35mm stem) but have 785mm bars on my hornet (60mm are) On a medium bird zero am 785mm bars are far too wide with a 55mm stem.

patagonian
    Free Member

I run 720’s on my bikes because any more than that where I ride and I would be clipping trees. At the end of the day it’s whatever suits you AND where you ride……it’s a compromise.

ratherbeintobago

Fat bar lights on the MTB which are what? 740?

EA70s on the HoD which are 685 and TBH thus is probably wide enough…

Didn’t someone make a 1000mm bar?

chiefgrooveguru

SCSyndicate had a method where you put your arms out level with shoulders then let them drop at the elbow, measure hand to hand…

I just tried this and found myself holding the ends of a metre rule – not convinced by the method! 😉

robowns
    Free Member

I’m about 5’6.5″

Lol, sure youre not 5’6.574?

dannyh
    Free Member

I ride with 810mm bars, and I like the feel. It’s not a dick measuring thing, it just feels proportionate for me. I’m a smidge under six foot, but have wide shoulders for my height. When I got all stressy that my bars might be too wide I experimented by getting into a comfortable press-up position then measured the width between the outside edges of my hands. The result?

810mm.

I’ve kept my bars as they are.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘800mm bars’ is closed to new replies.