Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 8 X 6 sheds- any thoughts of how to set up a workshop?
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

I’ve got a good quality heavy duty timber workshop. It’s quite small at 8X6 feet, but I’m hoping with a bit of thought I should be able to get it set up to tinkle with my bikes in reasonable comfort over the winter. Electricity and lighting are going in. I’ve got a bikestand, that can be brought out when needed, and one bike can be moved out to give me more space to work on the other.

Does anyone manage to work in relative comfort in a shed of this size? Any pics?

Thanks

MM

nickjb
    Free Member

That’s a little bigger than my bike shed (for now). I’ve got a full length bench, about 500mm deep down one side, shelves down the other with a bit of space at then end for larger stuff like frames, wheels, etc (you could probably fit a couple of bikes down there). the bench was an Ikea reject kitchen counter for £10, battened to the shed walls with a couple of B&Q legs. I’ve got a wall mounted bike stand that sits behind the bench so the bike sort of sits over or in front of the bench. Not a huge amount of space as you can only work on one side of the bike but its OK. The usual extras: tool board, tool chest, vice, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘8 X 6 sheds- any thoughts of how to set up a workshop?’ is closed to new replies.