Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 8 speed Campag shifters
  • rolfharris
    Free Member

This is a long old shot…

One of the guys in our club has an older road bike with 8 speed Athena kit on it. Recently one of the STI levers snapped and the internals fell to bit on the right hand shifter, and so now he needs a new one.

Does anyone know of anywhere that'd be good to get hold of one- new or used? I've googled, but it seems only american places have them, and chickens don't list anything like that on their site (it's also hard enough getting 9spd stuff out of chickens, let alone 8).

Cheers

schmiken

Try asking your LBS to contact Graham at the Campag Service Centre – he may be able to help.

rolfharris
    Free Member

I am the LBS!

This'd be graham at chickens, yeah?

oldgit
    Free Member

I think you have three choices.
    Ebay, they do turn up a fair bit.
    http://www.campyoldy.co.uk
    Nine speed levers converted to eight speed, though I think it's hard to get the replacement cam in the UK.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Cheers for that link oldgit, I'll ask him when he gets back.

oldgit
    Free Member

Warning.
    Make a cuppa tea and prepare some sandwiches as he does go on a bit 😐

mattsccm
    Free Member

I have a set of 8 speeders. They are actually badged Sachs and have Carbon BB logos on them. Mercian reckoned they are Chorus or Record spec. A few bits of wear on the rubbers etc. currently on my cross bike. no need to move them on but would swap for some not too worn 9 or 10 speeders. Could sell I suppose but want enough for some replacements.

schmiken

I am the LBS!

This'd be graham at chickens, yeah?

Nope. Give me an email at feralbeta AT hotmail.com and I'll sort you out with his email address.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘8 speed Campag shifters’ is closed to new replies.