• This topic has 27 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by flow.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 73 killed in Egyptian football match
  • project
    Free Member
    flow
    Free Member

Typical mindless football supporters

Jamie
    Free Member

1/10*

*The 1 was just for spelling.

donsimon
    Free Member

Nothing worse than mindless intolerance, is there?
    The video was a bit unclear, very strange and not good for football. 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

flow, don’t be going back your old ways now, ya hear?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

flow you are behaving like a bell end

project
    Free Member

I posted this up, because a few are into football on here and thought it may be of intrest to some, sadly one finds it worthwhile making a stupid comment,and shows disrespect for the dead and those seriously injured.

Jamie
    Free Member

I wouldn’t take it personally, Project. Flow is just a low powered troll.

He’s on par with that feeling you get when you think you’re going to sneeze, but you don’t.

konabunny
    Free Member

fark. that’s awful.

donsimon
    Free Member

when you think you’re going to sneeze, but you don’t.

Does that have a name?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My hatred for soccer is well known. Flow, you’re on a par with soccer in my eyes.

To the OP, terrible news. Never the sort of thing one wants to see or read about.

Stoner
    Free Member

In a place such as Egypt right now, something like that is little to do with football, and much more to do with insecurity and tribalism. Football just gave it a stage, and unfortunately football will carry the can for that.

warton
    Free Member

Awful news. Reports are surfacing about the police turning a blind eye on the attacks, as the supporters being targeted have been involved in anti government protests.

headfirst
    Free Member

There’s an article on BBCsite. It clearly is barbaric behaviour which is football related, whatever way you want to present it. A group of football hooligans called Ultras involved. This is worse than anything before.

flow
    Free Member

Thats my opinion (and its correct).

How am I behaving like a bellend if my opinion differs to yours?

It is mindless football violence if you actually bother to read about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16845841

Northwind

Stoner – Member

In a place such as Egypt Glasgow right now, something like that is little to do with football, and much more to do with insecurity and tribalism.

donsimon
    Free Member

Thats my opinion. How am I behaving like a bellend if my opinion differs to yours?

It is mindless football violence if you actually bother to read about it.
    You could have chosen to respect the dead, who may or may not have been hooligans. You could have chose to have kept your opinions to yourself. You could have started a separate thread on mindless football violence.
    You chose not to and appear surprised by the backlash. You were either trolling or being a bellend, which was it?

Stoner
    Free Member

I wouldnt disagree normally northwind, but I think in this case we’re at odds in terms of orders of magnitude…

flow
    Free Member

You could have chosen to respect the dead, who may or may not have been hooligans.

I wasn’t disrespectful.

You could have chose to have kept your opinions to yourself.

Last time I checked this was a forum where people expressed their opinions, otherwise it would be a pretty quiet place.

You chose not to and appear surprised by the backlash. You were either trolling or being a bellend, which was it?

Neither, like I said, just my opinion.

trailmonkey

so not a troll then

Philby

Apparently most were killed in a stempede – probably innocent people trying to get away from the fighting.

Appalling situation in a country that could do with some stability given its recent turmoil and its role as a key player in the Middle East.

flow
    Free Member

Obviously innocent people losing their lives caught up in mindless violence is an awful thing, but it still doesn’t change the fact that it was mindless violence.

KonaTC

Football = entertainment

No body should their life in the name of entertainment as its only about greed

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I doubt its mindless violence at all – I bet it was planned and organised

fenred
    Free Member

Going to stick my neck out here and say I can ‘kinda’ relate to what flow is getting at. As an ex-regular football attendee the minority of *normal everyday folk* that peel their normal faces off and become dogs come match time is a slur to the game and crying shame to society….very sad.Very important to remember that they are thankfully the minority but **** the game and lives of many others by their actions.

RIP to those who lost their lives and sympathies to their families,,,,

Junkyard
    Free Member

it seems like their is apolitical motive – journalists in Egypt as the Ultras were very active in the anti – govt demonstrations and none of the political leaders [ mayor etc] were at the match [ very unusual] so there is some suggestion it may have been orchestrated and not mindless violence

I went to the Cairo derby it made the Glasgow derby look like a teddy bears picnic i was genuinely happy to get out alive and I remember the 80’s here.

if we ignore trolls they stop as they have no effect any response [ even this] is what they crave best to ignore where they have form IMHO

flow
    Free Member

Yep, cos having an opinion is clearly trolling [yawn] Anyone else has the same view and its fine.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘73 killed in Egyptian football match’ is closed to new replies.