Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • 70p for a Twix!
  • Harry_the_Spider

I think I’ll have to cut back on my chocolate consumption for financial reasons.

How much do you pay at your work’s vending machine?

spacemonkey

I reckon you could pay a penny or two more in a service station down here in Surrey.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

60p

derek_starship
    Free Member

Blimey – you can get a full English for that in Bentback Nob.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

60p in our vender at work. Mars and Snickers too. Oh, and Kit Kats and when they pull their fingers out and stock them, Drifters.

Everything else is mad expensive. I remember when Mars bars etc were 30p.

crispo
    Free Member

All choc bars still 35 or 40p in our vending machine! Getting tempted to today to get me throught he mid week afernoon lull.

GW
    Free Member

I work from home and nice as it would be to have my own vending machine I usually just use the local Spar, a TWIX is 69p there (and that’s one of the cheapest chocolate bars they sell) they also sell fuel at around 5p a litre more than the next cheapest local garage in the area too (around 10p more than ASDA).
    My daughter can buy a TWIX for 40p next door to the Spar in the local Youth club

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Get a couple of mates, then wait until no-one’s about, and unplug the machine then tip it over. All the stuffs will then fall out and you will have loads of free sweets and crisps.

Turn it back upright but don’t plug it back in as an alarm might go off.

twinklydave

65p from the vending machine for that sort of thing.

Luckily (or unluckily, if you’re trying to be healthy) the H&S office, based across the corridor from us, have taken action against overly inflated prices by opening a tuck shop and selling sweeties at cost!

CurlyWurlys for 40p. Get in.

z1ppy

goto aldi, they do a “pack” of their version for 70p
    (I like there mars and snickers)

camo16
    Free Member

Just fallen victim to a mid afternoon Fry’s Chocolate Cream experience.

75p in the local news shop but it’s a taste sensation so I can’t really resent it.

Harry_the_Spider

What p+p are you doing on Curly Wurlys?

camo16
    Free Member

Still waiting for the Antelope Destroys Twix video… anyone?…

GW
    Free Member

Get a couple of mates, then wait until no-one’s about, and unplug the machine then tip it over. All the stuffs will then fall out and you will have loads of free sweets and crisps.

Turn it back upright but don’t plug it back in as an alarm might go off.
    if you ‘re going to steal something make it worthwhile, go into the toilets and rip the condom machine off the wall. I got at least £40 last time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fry’s Chocolate Cream experience.

75p in the local news shop but it’s a taste sensation so I can’t really resent it.
    ah the only vegan chocolate bar you can get easily. About 42 p in the pound shop but you need to stock up when they have them and this then requires self control.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Choccie 40p here, 70p+ over the road in the co-op.

Outrageous! I tell you it’s down right outrageous.. You can’t explain to me the cost of making the cr*p has gone through the roof, just expliotation..

“looks around squinty eyed for any marketing men/women to step up and comment.. nah, thought not” 😈

Oh the price of double deckers is 45p, which I think must allow for the overly sweet foamy fudge stuff on the top deck….

twinklydave

What p+p are you doing on Curly Wurlys?

Given that they are all now in my belly it’ll be the cost of a return train ticket to wherever you are 🙂

Shandy
    Free Member

60-70p would be pretty standard, cost is about 30-35p.

wombat

if you ‘re going to steal something make it worthwhile, go into the toilets and rip the condom machine off the wall. I got at least £40 last time.

In the gents in the pub near work the condom machine includes the instruction “to return coins, push knob fully in” between the “sell me some johnnies” lever and the coin return chute.

Not tried it as you’d need to stand on a chair…..and I don’t need £3 that badly 😈

GW
    Free Member

Not tried it as you’d need to stand on a chair

[i]You[/i] might 😉

camo16
    Free Member

ah the only vegan chocolate bar you can get easily. About 42 p in the pound shop but you need to stock up when they have them and this then requires self control.

Yes, but self control when it comes for Fry’s Chocolate Creams is an exercise in futility.

binners

Just fallen victim to a mid afternoon Fry’s Chocolate Cream experience.

Are you my gran? 😯

I don’t eat chocolate as its the work of Satan, evil, immoral and corrupting. But I can inform you a packet of Mini Chedders is 60p or 50p for a packet of Seabrook or Wheat Crunchies.

Luckily I bought a mahoosive selection of Hula Hoops. Hmmmmmmmmm might have a pack now 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

I don’t eat chocolate as its the work of Satan, evil, immoral and corrupting.

I thought Manchester was the work of Satan. 😆

Love, Camo (your Gran).

derek_starship
    Free Member

Chocolate is ghey. Cheese and pate FTW.

emsz
    Free Member

80p at the train station.

binners

The day they install a vending machine selling cheese and pate is the day I start to resemble a zeppelin

Harry_the_Spider

You stil have 14 minutes to edit that fella 😉

wors

About 42 p in the pound shop

now thats a pretty crap pound shop.

Tracey

Triple choc Mars bars, 2 for 90p

binners

Surely that’s a fantastic pound shop? No?

Is this a direct effect of the devaluation of Sterling?

Drac

What ever you do then don’t buy a StarBar. 78p at the Co-op.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Co-op periodically do 4 packs of Marathons, normal Mars or TC Mars for £1, usually sell out fast 😀

Drac

There’s usually a supermarket chain somewhere has that offer on it usually includes Crunchies too.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Tesco are doing a 5 pack triple choc Mars Bars for £1.

5lab

our vending machine is subsidised – 50p for a coke and 35p for a twix etc.

bizarely, the canteen downstairs (also subsidised and run by the same people) is 70p for a coke and 60p for a twix. Wierd

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m sure I paid about £2.50 for a KitKat from a Verbier newsagent when famished and locked out of our hostel.

And Nestle are Swiss aren’t they? Charity obviously doesn’t begin at home with them.

momo

Multi pack of 5 two finger bars for a quid in tesco the other day, munching on one right now as it happens!

dan1980
    Free Member

Today I had the excitement followed by the the horror as the reality set in of the changing of the works sweet machines.

Chocolate has gone up from a standard 60p to:

70p for a mars/twix type bar
    80p for a yorkie/aero bar

Crisps have gone up from 40-50p to 70p too!

I’m scared that the coke machine will go up from £1.20 and I’ll lose my source of aspartame!

Mikkel
    Free Member

60p in the machine, if i walk 20m further its only 50 from the canteen though.

willard

40p for most things. Canned drinks are free though, as is bread and cheese.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘70p for a Twix!’ is closed to new replies.