Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 700c wheels for inbred
  • grantus
    Free Member

Have had a scout about old threads and have discovered that 700c wheels will fit a 26″ inbred with up to 35mm tyres ok.

Anyone run an inbred with a singlespeed 120mm 700c wheel?

Is it easy enough to space the 120mm wheel to fit a 135mm mtb dropout?

simon1975

Fixed wheel no brake I presume? I could chuck mine in and see what it looks like, although I know my axle lengths aren’t going to be long enough…

grantus
    Free Member

ideally have the option of a flip flop wheel so freewheel for cross/offroad and option of fixed use on road.

It’s a 1st generation inbred so no disk mounts on it – running V brakes.

soma_rich
    Free Member

You could use this to run the brakes:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=33432

maccruiskeen

It’s a 1st generation inbred so no disk mounts on it – running V brakes.

not running brakes then – a 700c will fit in the frame (I used to run them) but the rim isn’t going to line up with the brake mounts

grantus
    Free Member

aye, bummer unless I buy those mavic adaptors.

I’ve got a singlespeed mtb hub lying around which is for a 6-bolt disk so i’d probably be better getting that made into a 26″ wheel and sticking on of those velo solo cogs on it which would then let me have the fixed option.

maccruiskeen

or get a disk mount braised on… or cheapest option of all – buy a used disk ready frame. Doesn’t need to be an inbred, and 700c wheel will fit in any MTB frame, its the disks that make that practical though, not the specific frame

grantus
    Free Member

Aye, none of these hair-brained schemes are ever as cost effective as they first seem when you actually have to think them through 😉

grantus
    Free Member

Or just buy a Pompino for £449 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘700c wheels for inbred’ is closed to new replies.