Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 700c tyre recommendations for this cross / touring bike?
  • redstripe
    Free Member

I just got this old 80’s Condor bike from a local old bloke less wheels, I’ve stuck some road wheels on I have for now with Conti 23c road tyres but looking to get something heavier duty tyre-wise for commuting on our crap local roads which includes some gravelly bits (like in the picture) – there’s plenty of clearance on the frame. Something around 28c as a compromise for alright on road / gravel but not too massive & chunky to make it hard work on the tarmac. Any recommendations? Cheers

[url=https://flic.kr/p/orurir]photo 2(4)[/url]

keithb

Vittorria Randonneurs? On offer in various forms at PLanet X. With the Hypers being very slick and still light, even in 37c..

keithb

Oh, and nice bike BTW… good find!

fourbanger
    Free Member

Gatorskin

Sam

I am absolutely loving my Challenge Strada Bianca 700×30. Super cushy but still roll fast.

redstripe
    Free Member

thanks all for theses tips, will check out prices etc
    Bike is lovely to ride, very pleased with it

nedrapier

Sam, saw those on fb, I’ve been meaning to find out what they were.

Just looked them up. Glad you like them, I’d hope so at that price!

Lovely looking bike.

teasel
    Free Member

I run Gatorskins on and off road, daily on the type of ground in the top pic. They get a bit slashed now and again but, if I can be arsed, I might drop a bit of superglue or similar in the gap. They’re mostly indestructible IME, just need to keep the bike fairly upright when it gets muddy… 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘700c tyre recommendations for this cross / touring bike?’ is closed to new replies.