Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • £7 well spent – Bike on tube
  • RV
    Free Member

I was guiding a charity ride from London to Brussels via Amsterdam for Action Medical Research and was a little concerned about getting my bike back on the tube to an over rail station. As there was a SKY ride on the same day the Tube gestapo were everywhere looking for bikes and I thought I’d got away with it other than being grabbed at the last moment by a jobsworth. He informed me that I couldn’t take a bike on the tube other than certain lines and they were all closed for maintainance. I asked if i coudl put it in a bag and if that would make a difference but he smugly said i’d not get it in my duffle bag. I then produced my £7 CTC polly bag and rolled it in. by this time his mates had come over and they all agreed that it was now in a bag. So thanks CTC, you saved me an epic journey home, after an already epic 5 days on the bike.

binners

Brilliant!!! 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

i would’ve given you a hearty round of applause if i was nearby 😀

carbon337
    Free Member

i would’ve given you a hearty round of applause if i was nearby +1

aracer
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Total genius!

I’d have paid that to see the look on his face!

bigyinn
    Free Member

EAT MY BAG TFL!!!

PiknMix
    Free Member

its the little victories that are the sweetest

Wozza
    Free Member

WIN.

sofatester
    Free Member

RV 1 – 0 TFL

stumpy01

Nice one……!!

hainman
    Free Member

Touché

RV
    Free Member

I was very pleased with myself…. Got lots of looks off people on the escalators wit a bike.

Edric64
    Free Member

Brilliant ,wouldnt trust it to baggage handlers at Heathrow though

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

It certainly seems to be taking up much less room now it’s in that bag. What a nonsense.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

More to the point, why isn’t the midget sentry in his sentry box?

lipseal
    Free Member

Brill 😛
    £7.99 now.

franksinatra

great stuff, stick it to da man!

Get yourself down to your local bed and mattress emporium and ask for a mattress bag and you could save yourself £7.99!

alpin
    Free Member

it’s a road bike….. -1, you nazi.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Nice – I’ve got a black bag like that for when i take the bike on train journeys – just put it in a a bag and lean it in the luggage area, suddenly the guard takes no notice of it, even works on Cross-County (where they will chuck you off even if you have bike reservation if the guard is in a bad mood).

TiRed

Technically, that train isn’t in a “Tube” – it’s circle/district/metropolitan line, so there is a lot more discretion as it’s not deep underground. I’d like to see you get that on the Piccadilly line 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

I got one free at a BA desk after shiteyjet refused to let my bike on.

Should have got a pic of the twaty guard.

aP
    Free Member

As djaustin says that’s circle/hammermith & city line so only sub-surface railway – and mostly surface. You’d have run the risk of being arrested if you’d tried that on the Picc Line in central London.
    Those rules are there for a reason.

SamB
    Free Member

I dunno, looks like a Picaddily line train to me. Does seem a bit odd that there are rules for “no bikes” but nothing for “no massively oversized bags” though 🙂

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Blue handrails = Picadilly line, no? Has that changed since my days in Londinium when the livery of the carriages corresponded roughly to the line you were on?

RV
    Free Member

Technically, that train isn’t in a “Tube” – it’s circle/district/metropolitan line, so there is a lot more discretion as it’s not deep underground. I’d like to see you get that on the Piccadilly line

Actually it was the Piccadilly line to Holborn as the other lines to Liverpool St, that you can take bikes on during certain hours were closed for engineering works.

TiRed

In that case I’m impressed. How about the Northern line then? They’re always miserable!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘£7 well spent – Bike on tube’ is closed to new replies.