Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 7 nurses and only one Tinners, what is a boy to do?
  • Tinners

Was seriously considering whether this post was wise, but it’s Friday, it’s sunny and what the heck.
    Mrs T’s youngest sister has asked me to take 7 young ladies (one of whom is Mrs T’s youngest sister) for a half day ride as part of a hen weekend they’re having in Cardiff “soon”. They all work as student nurses and are into fitness in a big way (mostly running, by all accounts). I’m reasonably fit but not at my Summer peak and really don’t want to be shown up. Two of them will be on hybrids, the others on bog standard mountain bikes. I’ll be fully tooled up on my bouncy machine – all the gear and guaranteed to go A over T at the first slippery gnarl. So…..
    (a) I was thinking of taking them round the new “smoothed over” Brecon Gap ride
    (b) I can’t be bothered swapping my MudX tyres for Jones ACX (well, it’s not an STW post without mention of tyres, is it?). Will they be shredded to the carcass?
    (c) Mrs T’s sister wants to know if lycra running gear will look out of place
    Wise move?

iDave
    Free Member

*makes a flask, breaks out the tin of custard creams*

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

bikinis all round and explain “thats what mtb’rs wear!” 😆 or bring em to scotland and ill help!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

POIDH

Tinners

POIDH? Dare I google it?

legend
    Free Member

POIDH? Is that like PIIHB?

Vortexracing

lycra running gear will look out of place

It will absolutely not look out of place IMHO and make sure you ride at the back with a camera, don’t forget Simon Barnes makes a living out of photographing womens backsides. 😉

oh and just to finish

YOU LUCKY BUGGER !!!!!

rOcKeTdOg

and when you wake up, it’ll be really dissapointing

Tinners

YOU LUCKY BUGGER !!!!!

Ah, but is it lucky? You’re talking about a man with absolutely no mountainbiking skills whatsoever (God knows, I’ve tried). This could be one massive egg on the face experience both in terms of fitness and skill. I’ve been labelled “mountainbiker” by Mrs T’s sister and feel obliged to look reasonably impressive, but despite my enthusiasm for biking, my skills are non existent.

uplink
    Free Member

Ah, but is it lucky? You’re talking about a man with absolutely no mountainbiking skills whatsoever (God knows, I’ve tried). This could be one massive egg on the face experience both in terms of fitness and skill. I’ve been labelled “mountainbiker” by Mrs T’s sister and feel obliged to look reasonably impressive, but despite my enthusiasm for biking, my skills are non existent.

OK, stand aside and leave the job for someone man enough

markenduro
    Free Member

Give me a shout if you need a hand, email in profile 🙂

Tinners

Ok, a little bit off the subject, but I started it so here goes:
    What’s the best way of looking like I know what I’m doing. Do’s and don’ts.

markenduro
    Free Member

Personally I would fall off and hold my groin, 7 nurses you say?

iDave
    Free Member

bring a hip flask of tequila?

allthepies
    Free Member

On descents, get your weight forward, high seatpost helps. Don’t touch the back brake and use only the front.

Tinners

Give me a shout if you need a hand, email in profile

Such a selfless act that will surely be rewarded in heaven….
    but then again…..

Personally I would fall off and hold my groin

uplink
    Free Member

What’s the best way of looking like I know what I’m doing. Do’s and don’ts.

[*]Make sure you’re always ready for action
    Make them draw lots for who goes first
    Make sure they all enjoy it[/*]

Hobster
    Free Member

MBUK style gurning

McHamish
    Free Member

eBay their bike seats afterwards.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

Doing big skids, wheelies is sure to impress! Also race them to the top of the hill and tell them all about your bike…..

Ambrose

I’m local- need a hand?

Tinners

Anyone know what the new “smoothed over” bit is like? From what I’ve heard, it sounds like it’s the rocky descent after the gap.
    Also, seriously, I really can’t be bothered taking my MudX tyres off (they’re b*ggers to get off Bonty rims….well, they are for me using 2 teaspoon handles as levers) and was going to use them year round. Are they more prone to ripping on rocks? (I’m thinking softer rubber).

Tinners

Also, seriously, I really can’t be bothered taking my MudX tyres off….

and with that, the thread withers and dies……..

Ambrose

and with that, the thread withers and dies……..

You are talking about nurses and rubber.

And you think the thread will fade…

Pics needed.

Tinners

I suppose I should be grateful that they don’t want to do it in fancy dress. I was half expecting them to be doing it in Tarts & Nuns outfits (with L plates and glitter cowboy hats etc) when the idea was first put to me and I feigned coyness and said that I would “probably” be free that weekend….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘7 nurses and only one Tinners, what is a boy to do?’ is closed to new replies.