Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 7 minute lunches?
  • yoshimi

I either have soup or a spinach/chorizo/omelette, every day!

Inspire me, can’t take longer than 7 minutes from standing in the kitchen to serving on a plate.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im just tucking into a cornedbeef hash on toast. 5mins.
    This is the high life you know.

Woody
    Free Member

Any special dietary requirements and does it have to be hot?

yoshimi

arrgghhh – corned beef – growing up with my grandparents and them trying to feed it to me at every opportunity has made me very scared of it now!

No special dietary requirements other than tasty and fairly healthy – hot would be good in this weather but happy to mix things up a bit and have something cold – summer sees me on salad or omellette every day so don’t mind the cold stuff

footflaps

I ate a Pesto Chicken with Yogurt Dressing sarnie at my desk, bought from a local sandwich van. Probably took less than 7 mins to eat.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Devilled kidneys on toast.

maccruiskeen

Do other things with the eggs

Polish eggs – onion, chilli and oregano then scramble in the egg when the onions are cooked

Chilli Eggy crumpets with bacon and either maple syrup or brown sauce

Or left over boiled pots – warm them through with a tin of cannelini or flagolette beans then stir in a jar of pesto

Different beans on toast – same beans as above, cook some chilli, garlic and either rosemary or thyme in oil, stir in the beans with a bit of the liquid from the tin, warm through then add a splash of red wine vinegar. (same recipe with either butter beans or 3 bean salad is nice too but with those cook the beans dry so they pop and go fluffy)

If you can find an old copy of Nigel Slaters 30 minute cook book its worth a look. Other people have done similar quick recipe books since but the nice thing about this one is its stuff to cook for yourself rather than putting a meal on the table for other people. 30 mins in the maximum, there are plenty of ideas in there that take less than 5 mins

spacemonkey

Today’s lunch: cook some spaghetti then add chunks of leftover smoked gammon joint, chopped leek, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. Serve with a dollop of mayo and splash of truffle oil. Bang on.

EDIT: brekky was omelette with yet more gammon, toms, leftovers sprouts (I kid you not) and cheese. Speedy homage to the homage.

binners

crazy-legs

Baked potato – 7 mins in microwave (for small ones or if you can part cook them in the morning then finish the job off at lunchtime, it’s quicker still).
    And loads of choice with the toppings, something different every day!

MSP

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_6GGDhHzKI[/video]

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sandwich? Various fillings

Gary_M
    Free Member

Scrambled egg on toast, approx 2:30 to cook, a minutes prep, probably under 5 minutes all in and that includes a bit of cheese.

binners

leaving you 6 minutes free to with as you see fit 😀

yoshimi

Not sure about kidneys and Binners, they’re OK as a ‘treat’ but not something I want to eat very often – hate to think how much salt is in stuff like that

Sandwiches, meh

Some excellent ideas from maccruiskeen and spacemonkey – I’d never really thought of baked potato but that could work well

thanks

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

There is clear potential to better use the information and communication technologies to increase the public transparency and encourage e-participation in the country

I read that as stating that you can’t just give people access to the internet an expect it to be a force for good.

Northwind

Today I had a cheese sandwich, just like practically every lunch for the last 15 years. MMMM cheese sandwich

seosamh77
    Free Member

bread, butter, salad, cheese, ham, cucumber, and shedload of beetroot(baxters pickled stuff). mmmm, best pieces in the world!

tomhoward

Binners, they’re OK as a ‘treat’ but not something I want to eat very often – hate to think how much salt is in stuff like that

Pah! I ate pretty much nothing but pot noodle (Chicken & Shroom) for a month once and I turned out ok!

(After a brief stay in A&E, followed by 2 days in an ICU, followed by a 5 day stay on a ward, recovering from malnutrition).

OP what cooking facilites do you have? Just a microwave?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘7 minute lunches?’ is closed to new replies.