Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 7 idp M2 owners
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Any owners of the above helmet?. Looking for a new more substantial lid for away trips. Opinions on the above helmet please?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes, it’s nice.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I asked for that 😉

After how it fits, any issues that sort of thing.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The only issue I have is that it seems to come quite low, ever so slightly too low, over my brow. Tightening the thingy seems to help but ultimately it might be a helmet shape vs head shape thing.

Pads come out easily (I’ve had other helmets where plastic bits poke through pads and make it awkward) which I like as I stick them in my shorts pockets and wash them.

Potdog
    Free Member

Been using one for the last 6 months. Very comfy, agree with “thegreatape” in that it can sit quite low at the brow, but it’s a minor issue.

Would certainly go for another if I needed one, at the price I think it’s hard to beat.

BUT…..as with all helmets, try one on if you can, everyone’s bonce is different.

beardo74
    Free Member

I had one of these for about 2-3 months over this winter and found it too hot (to the point where the pad gave me itchy skin and hives on my forehead on long rides). When I washed the pad a few times (by hand, cold water) it fell to bits. No response from 7ipd about a replacement or where to even source one.

That said, my experience seems very different to others’, so maybe I just don’t get on with this type of helmet. Other than the pad it was very sturdy and I liked the straps and the way they attached to the helmet. It was also pretty cheap for what it is.

I have a Spec Tactic 2 now and normal service has resumed.

rocketman
    Free Member

Unless you have a really unusually shaped head the M2 is a fairly safe bet as you might expect from an open-mould lid that’s been around a few years

For me the ratchet adjuster is the highlight it’s easy to turn in either direction with a gloved hand while riding and the indents are closely spaced. In all other respects it is what it is. No surprises no weirdness no complaints.

beer247
    Free Member

I have one for sale at the moment in the classifieds…..

Worn on a couple of rides – I bought the wrong size and tried to live with it!

Seems like a good quality helmet if you get the fit right.

A few on-line reviews have mentioned trimming out the bug mesh covering the front vents, if your head is getting too hot.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Here sir too

Had one for little over 9 months now , cracking skid lid even on big ride outs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘7 idp M2 owners’ is closed to new replies.