Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 650b wheels,mavic enduro
  • thewalker
    Free Member

hi has anyone bought a set of mavic enduro wts wheels,and is there any problems with them i should no about,before i click buy.

philbert31
    Free Member

Ive bought some for the new bike, not fit them yet and they already have a mark on the rim, i can’t see the finish lasting al that well!

Northwind

They’re basically an SX front and an ST rear, aren’t they? So bit skinny, not massively tough. And tied into funky Mavic spokes etc. I’ve dabbled in “wheel systems” in the past, got fed up with it, I’m on proper hubs, rims and spokes from here on in.

sia20
    Free Member

Found them real strong and durable , had to nip a rear wheel bearing up after the first ride but no major , the rear charge tyre that they come with Is pants though

boxxer7
    Free Member

Got a friend with a set of 26″ ones, the rear is destroyed! Full of dents and it’s now got a wobble vertically. That said he rides them hard but I don’t think he’s all that impressed

kimbers

SX / ST – That’s what the mavic guys were saying at ukge

Every other rider seemed to be on them at Ae last week
    I’m guessing that spares must be easy enough to find by now

Northwind

For the money, if you can’t build something stronger, wider, and lighter and less hassly you’re probably doing something wrong. Can you pull DT240s on supercomps on lightbicycle carbon in under budget? Maybe not quite, used and reconn’d 240s would be grand though.

Mavic spares are available without too much fuss btw, though you’ll always need to special order them. They’re a good company in that respect (I got spares for 7-year-old old-style Enduros) but still not cheap, and you’re tied to their stuff.

(Aside- I really don’t understand the logic of fitting a weaker rim on the back, it’s not like the SX is super tough (or overly heavy). Assuming the ERD is the same I can see a lot of people replacing knackered rears with front rims.)

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

SRAM Roam 60?

thewalker
    Free Member

thanks guys,thats what i was thinking why a narrow rim on the back.more research before i buy a set then,and see what i can find

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘650b wheels,mavic enduro’ is closed to new replies.