Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 650b+? 29er? Tapered steerers? Compliance? No…
  • bearnecessities

…this is what makes me smile, and this particular one is on the way to me from Norway. I am so excited it’s borderline pathetic.

15 year old me wanted this nearly as much as boobs, and many boobs later, hello gorgeous Stumpy that I used to see every Saturday in the Totnes dealership, before getting dragged past by my loving, but misguided parents 🙂

I can’t imagine there are many in existence this tidy.

I cannot bloody wait to get on it!

johnw1984
    Free Member

That looks practically brand new! Good find 🙂

muggomagic

That looks mint. Love it.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I once had a Morris Minor, but i wouldn’t want one now!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I cannot bloody wait to get on it!

And when your back know from hospital 😉

Great to look at, but not sure if it want to ride on these days

bearnecessities

Oh, Mike. Yeah, death trap that 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On road and easy probably not, just wouldn’t want to take it off road properly compared to a modern bike. Mmm canti brakes they never made a come back

chestrockwell

Good stuff. I’ve got a 92 Orange Clockwork for looking at duties.

andeh

When I was a kid I wanted a Sega Game Gear.

Pretty bike, now hang it on the wall and ride something more suitable.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Be as good as a cross bike off road.

If Santa Cruz released it tomorrow they would lap it up (if it was 1*)

Ride it as it was meant and enjoy it. Too many “collectors” these days too many bikes languishing unused !

ThePinkster

I’ve got a 92 Orange Clockwork for looking at duties.

There’s a guy where I work who still commutes daily on his.

Northwind

Lovely… It’ll be shit offroad tbf. But it’s just possible it’ll be gloriously, enjoyably shit.

OCB
    Free Member

hello gorgeous Stumpy that I used to see every Saturday in the Totnes dealership, before getting dragged past by my loving, but misguided parents

Was this Hot Pursuit’s first iteration, in Fore Street?
    I had quite a bit from them back in the day.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Nice one OP! For the naysayers, its a bike, two wheels and wotnot, pedal it it will move. It’ll be more than adequate in a lot of situations, not at the fringes of what people are riding on modern bikes these day granted, but mostly it will be fine, great even. And all with the added bonus of making you smile due to just owning something you’ve always wanted.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Don’t forget also that most folk are overbooked. For half. Their riding 😉

bearnecessities

Thanks, and yeah, summary is that it’s a bike = good. Plus a few sheets for a piece of childhood memories? Got to be worth it.

I am experienced in the awesum stopping power of cantis 🙂 That’s the only discernible failing, otherwise a more than capable bike for a nice sunny Sunday (wish it was here today!)

But even if I do die on it, what better way to go is there; look at it – that paint fade is gorgeous!

bearnecessities

(And yes, hot pursuits if that was the shop halfway up the hill, on the left as you went up, about 50yrds before Anne of Cleaves cafe which I was inevitably heading!)

bearnecessities

Bugger. Just putting it together and as I was hand-tightening the headset, came against some resistance and checked fork..

Please tell me it’s not buggered..(I suspect it is though)

sillyoldman

Decent bike shop will have a steerer thread cutting/cleaning tool to fix that.

Superficial
    Free Member

Nah. Tis but a flesh wound.

Get it fixed (tapped/died) before doing anything else though. Should be a pretty easy job for someone with the right tools. I don’t know if bike shops will have those these days. Might be worth ringing around a few places.

bearnecessities

Ah, good news. I’ll drop it off to Al.

Thanks 🙂

shandcycles
    Free Member

No idea where you are @bearnecessities but happy to sort that out for you if you’re stuck.

bearnecessities

That’s very kind of you Mr Shand, but nowhere near Livingston 🙂 (W.Yorks).

Thanks though; that would have been a nice touch for the bike!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘650b+? 29er? Tapered steerers? Compliance? No…’ is closed to new replies.