Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 650 + hardtails ?
  • sheepshifter
    Free Member

Fancy one , who’s using what ? what’s the go too brand . After 1×11, 120 travel not too bothered about a dropper 2k ish .

bedmaker

Two mates have Genesis Tarn and new Surly Karate Monkey. Not sure on pricing but they are both lovely.

wiggles
    Free Member

I have a Specialized fuse and Love it best hardtail ive ever had and never thought id say that about an alu frame!

The big tyres make it more comfortable than any steel bike ive ever had, was £2k when I got one think they are about £1400 now.

Building a new FS but keeping the fuse as dont want to be without it as it is just so much fun.

retrorick

Fuse here also. Really enjoying the riding on it. Bought an ex demo 10spd expert version for a chunk under 1k and i don’t regret it one bit. Not ridden any other 650b+ bikes so nowt to compare too but would recommend having a test ride on one of you can.

metalheart
    Free Member

Cotic SolarisMAX. £1899 in silver version (1×11, 120 McQueens, no dropper)

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/solarisMAX#black-orange

prawny

I’d be tempted by one of these bargain basement fuses at the moment. Some of the kit on them is great for the money, didn’t think I’d ever say that about a Specialized.

But I think I’d rather have a Sonder Carbon Transmitter.

rOcKeTdOg

Mk2 solaris, 1×11,130mm fork, scrapers & recon+

SaxonRider

I am on a Genesis Tarn 10. Honestly, after first a full sus Trek Fuel, then a Fisher Big Sur hard tail (both 26″ obviously), I feel like I will never need another mountain bike.

I rode Cwmcarn earlier today, which was the Tarn’s first time at a trail centre, and it was simply phenomenal. The plus tyres were perfectly suited to the rocky technical climbs, and on the descents, I felt no need at all for suspension.

I know that I can only really compare to my meagre past selection of bikes, but the Tarn has been a revelation.

mm93
    Free Member

Crikey,them fuses look really good for the money,how do they ride? Liking the look of the pro model for £1299.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I just googled that tarn, why is it so heavy for a bike with a rigid fork?

Weight: 13.28(kg i’m guessing?) that’s 29.2lbs. Is that a typo?

wiggles
    Free Member

I have 140mm forks on my fuse now and it is a bit of a hooligan! Love it on roots and rocky stuff just floats over them. Ive had 3 sets of forks on it now and think it really suits bigger forks over the rebas It came with more from the stiffness point of view than travel, the only thing that lets down the spec really.

my weighed just under 28lbs standard (with pedals IIRC) looking for some 29er wheels for it now to use it for commuting and ditching the road bike as I just prefer riding it.

nemesis
    Free Member

Got mine direct from China via Sobato. Full carbon. Brilliant bike rigid or with front suspension. 120mm travel, 1×10 (11-42), i35 rims and purgatory / nn

pigyn
    Free Member

2k gets you a whole lot of Orbea Loki, and they are amazing.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/laura-trott-mtb-1-womens-moutain-bike

Only large (fits up to ~5’10”) left for £350 before discounts.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘650 + hardtails ?’ is closed to new replies.