Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 64bit Windows.
  • takisawa2

I have a new laptop. Colleague tells me because its 64bit, that Adobe’s Flash Player isnt properly supported…?
    (Some websites look funny / cant be used properly, Eg- Youtube!!).
    is there much I can do about it ? Its a Dell Precision 6600 if that makes any difference. 😐

uplink
    Free Member

YouTube is fine on my 64bit win7

shindiggy
    Free Member

Just install a 32bit web browser, just probably using IE64 bit

richmars

Runs fine on my work 64 bit win 7 Dell.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’ve ended up using the 62bit version til everything catches up!

mboy
    Free Member

What browser?

Make sure you’ve got the latest version of a 64bit browser installed, and the correct flash player plugin for it and you shouldn’t have any problems.

64bit OS’s have been out a long time now, and they’ve been the norm not the exception for a couple of years now on new machines, compatibility isn’t the issue it was 4/5 years ago.

spacemonkey

Yep, shouldn’t have any probs. My 64bit W7 machine has both 32bit and 64bit IE – can’t remember which I default to but it works fine. Having said that, I hate IE and use Chrome – which has the occasional Shockwave bug but other than that works fine.

jonk

Mine win 7 64bit freezes some times with flash and firefox

Cougar

Can you be more specific than “looks funny”?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Adobe 11. Although I have never had a problem with flash player on a 64bit system.

ScotlandTheScared

neil is correct – adobe flashplayer 11 is available as a release candidate in 64 bit. It works fine for me.

Drac

Your colleague is wrong it works fine.

dan1980
    Free Member

Try installing Chrome. It’s a 32bit browser, but has a version of Flash player built into it, and it seems more reliable at handling Flash content than IE or Firefox with an “external” version of the Flash player

cp

All fine for me. I use chrome though which as above, has a flash plug in as standard.

cp

Nice laptop by the way!

takisawa2

Thanks all. Will pester the IT guy in the morning.
    Its the (now dont laugh) Weightwatchers website. It has this food/exercise/points tracker thing I’ve started using, in an attempt to shift some bulk.
    (And its working!!)
    Anyhow, will pester the aforementioned IT guy tomorrow. Cheers. 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘64bit Windows.’ is closed to new replies.