Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • £600 bike from Halfords?
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Mate has a £600 Halfords voucher to spend on a proper bike. What do they have that actually takes a bit of abuse? Looks like Kona and GT are the two makes I recognise, but not sure about models. Also heard some time ago that they could order other makes to order – can they still do this?

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it a bike to work voucher?

They had a central team you could phone and order the bike you wanted to go to the shop you wanted when I did it (twice).

wildrnes
    Free Member

halfords leeds have an orange p7 on display….

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

chakaping – it might be a bike to work voucher – will ask him. He is a local GP – not sure if they get BTW under an NHS scheme? Do you have the number for the central team?

chakaping
    Free Member

Think it’s this one…

08700 660511

If he just wants a standard XC bike for £600, he could do a lot worse than the Boardman hardtail they sell though.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Great, thanks chakaping. Will get him to look at the Boardman.

Anyone got any views on GT or Kona at that price

s8tannorm
    Free Member

IMO Konas often seem underspeced at a given price than other brands.

mboy
    Free Member

Lots of Halfords round my way were doing Voodoos last year at least, may still be a couple hanging around perhaps?

I remember seeing a Wanga built up as a complete bike with reasonable kit on it (Marzocchi forks, LX, Hayes brakes, WTB wheels etc.) for under £800 (frame rrp is £329) but that hadn’t sold, maybe they might be discounted now?

Those Boardman’s do look silly value compared to most other bikes though, even if the frame is nothing special and I don’t like SRAM gears!

davo
    Free Member

wildrnes. what size orange p7 and how much was it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘£600 bike from Halfords?’ is closed to new replies.