• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Goz.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 6 weeks off the bike…
  • Goz
    Free Member

Following my freefall from a loft ladder last weekend i’ve now been told to keep off the bike for a minimum of 6 weeks.
    In my cycling life i’ve never had that sort of time away from the bike….its going to feel slightly strange I guess.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, it sucks.

Bregante

Six months and counting here

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Goz
    Free Member

The injury is not as bad as first thought, still 2 fractures and displacement…..no cast or surgery required….plenty of exersises…and must not lift anything heaver than a cup of tea.

mboy
    Free Member

Bugger! 😕

You still working? Restricted duties presumably if you can’t lift more than a cuppa!

Goz
    Free Member

It’s a big bugger Mark, back to work on tuesday, light duties only….answering phone, making hot drinks will be my limit……and with practice lefthanded wheelbuilding.

kudos100
    Free Member

I’m just about to finish week 6. It’s been pretty tough. I’m looking forward to riding lots of xc and mincing along the trails for a bit 😆

alpin
    Free Member

i pulled a tendon/ligament in my left knee a month or so back. didn’t realise it at the time. two weeks ago i set off on a transalp ride i had to quit on after the second day. really fegging hurt.

been popping dicolfinac (sp?) pills and rubbing in gels for the last 10 days.

rode into twon yesterday (35km there and back) and could feel the pain in my knee again.

can’t do anything other than sit down and rest. it’s quite depressing.

i feel your pain. 🙁

mboy
    Free Member

Might be Cheltenham way in the next week or two, potential job interview. If over that way I’ll pop in and be your right hand for a bit…

Ooo er missus! 😉

Goz
    Free Member

I wiil forget riding offroad this year now, will start back on the roadbike just bimbling to and from work…..in a strange sort of way im looking forward to the challenge of getting my fitness back and building the strength back up in my arm/ shoulder.

Goz
    Free Member

you wouldnt want to be my right hand…..it has some strange habits. 🙄

thegman67

15 weeks and still at least another 6 to go after snapping my achilles at Ae forest

Goz
    Free Member

I had plans for my 50th birthday ride next month but thats not going to happen…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘6 weeks off the bike…’ is closed to new replies.