Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 6 nations – trains to Edinburgh from NW England- travel options?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello off upto Edinburgh on 6th Feb for England vs Scotland, usually go on train from Preston but the train works are on till end of Feb, do not fancy the bus journey so what are my options to travel , my thoughts are

Flights expensive, time consuming.

Driving not bad but can I park on the outskirts and get a train into the centre? Or a tram?

Anything else?

Cheers

P’s coming back on the Sunday

scotroutes

Park and Ride at the Airport(A8) for the tram, Hermiston(A71) for a bus.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

From Manchester change at York, try ticket splitting websites for best prices

vondally
    Free Member

Oh airport is a good one…..

dannybgoode

Manchester – Glasgow – Edinburgh is a viable route also. Glasgow and Edinburgh are not far apart at all with a regular train service…

vondally
    Free Member

Manchester is about an hour from me so trying to balance that hour on the road to Edinburgh, off to have a look.

Edit route from man to Glasgow disruption byline work

NZCol

Plenty of places you could drive up to and park and bus into town, I’m 10 mins on the bus and you could safely leave a car there no worries.

vondally
    Free Member

Hi as a non Edinburgh – Ite, roughly what areas please.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Park and ride near the airport then tram into town, or park on South Gyle Crescent then walk to tram stop from there!

NZCol

^ what he said or say westgarth ave in Colinton and number 10 bus, or anywhere off craiglochart road and bus.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘6 nations – trains to Edinburgh from NW England- travel options?’ is closed to new replies.