• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by P20.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 6 mile walk in the snow.OMG.
  • ton

how bloody hard?
    my legs feel like i have ridden for hours.
    nice out tho.

carlosg
    Free Member

pffft , I’ve done that everyday this week at work.

Yep my legs ache a bit too 🙁

tazzymtb

just think of those folks having fun at the arrowhead 135 then ton 😀

sparkyrhino

managed 4 miles riding around Casvegas.then collapsed in a heap,wrong type of snow 🙄

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Did 15 miles this morning in 6 inch snow, average speed 6.3 mph 🙁 it was better than nothing but pristine snow hiding deep frozen ruts meant I was on my arse every 5 minutes

ton

thought about going out on the bike, glad i didnt, it was hard enough to walk in.

tazzy, is that like the iditabike thing?

elaineanne
    Free Member

yeah my 3 mile walk was all steep uphill today then mostly slid all the way back down on my backside hahaha that was my baby whippet pulling me all the way home lol 😉

MrSparkle

Me, the Mrs and the dog ran a massive 3.7 miles this morning. It took 51 minutes (but did include wading through waist deep drifts and stopping chatting to people).

excitable1
    Free Member

Just got back from my local pootle. 4.5 hours of bloody hard slog…. I am **** !

The hardest parts were trying to ride through car tracks, footprints or sledge trails in the snow. Agree, wrong type of snow.

Did I say that I’m **** already ? 😐

pennine
    Free Member

Walked up Ingleborough today. Bit hard going in deep snow with only footsteps to follow but better than breaking trail. Low cloud down to 300m so no views.
    On way back I met a couple of mtbers at Crina Bottom who were heading up. They were following the ‘deep groove’ made by walkers. Gave them an idea on what was ahead. Would be interesting to know if they made it.
    This where I saw them (Ingleborough is directly ahead hidden in clag)

tazzymtb

tazzy, is that like the iditabike thing?

yep it’s an ultra marathon using the arrowhead 135mile trail in Northern Minnesota. A few Brits are doing it. Starts tomorrow.

P20

We went up to the Cheviots last Sunday. We ended up doing about 8miles. Bloody hard work, but good. Calves ached the following day

IMG_0538 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘6 mile walk in the snow.OMG.’ is closed to new replies.