Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 6 hours in joburg
  • surfdad
    Free Member

I’m landing in joburg at 6am and leaving at midday – is that enough time to do anything other than wander the hallowed halls of Oliver T airport?

allthepies
    Free Member

It was Jan Smuts Airport when I was last there 🙂

GrahamS

You’ve probably got just enough time to get carjacked and shot. Try Avis for a car with nice big “rich tourist” stickers on it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    surfdad
    Free Member

Thanks for the helpful advice chaps … maybe I’ll try and break the record for simultaneous vuvuzela playing

loddrik
    Free Member

You have a stopover in joburg? Where are you headed, antarctica…?

br
    Free Member

Land at 0600, off the plane by 0700 (obviously if you collecting baggage and/or having to go through customs, maybe later) and then queuing up to go on the next one by 1000 or 1100 if more ‘local’ or 0900 if its long-distance one.

About time for a coffee?

llama

I wouldn’t bother

mimi123
    Free Member

did you get to where your going then? Take it with only 6 hours you weren’t planning on finding a trail somewhere !!!

surfdad
    Free Member

heading to windhoek. figuring theres not even time to look for any fekking prawns …

farm-boy

If you have time the apartheid museum is superb and not that far from the airport.

sputnik
    Free Member

Don’t bother, like someone ^^^, takes time to get off plane and start boarding the next flight again, leaves you with a 3hour window max. Nothing to do in that time.

SouthAfrica2010
    Free Member

What day are you landing? I’ll take you for a cup of coffee at the local Mall 🙂

Do you have a longer stop off on the return trip?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘6 hours in joburg’ is closed to new replies.