Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 5'3" – too small for a small Boardman road or hybrid bike?
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I'm looking at possibly getting a road or hybrid bike (hopefully secondhand) and the Boardman's look great, at 5'3" though, are they realistically going to be a bit big for me?

What do you reckon? Am I too small for a small?! 😕

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Simple answer is 'NO'.

I bought a small Boardman hybrid i find it fits me perfectly well lengthwise and i can straddle the top tube with my cods only 'just' brushing the paintwork.

I'm 5'2" with a 27" inside leg 🙂

You should see me on my Marin 140 Wolf Ridge!!!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the hybrids are particularly long in the TT.

The female stuff is shorter but that might not be your cup of tea.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Yeah they are, but then again i have a long torso & short legs for my height! 😆 so it fits me fine. I can get onto the bar ends and feel ever so slightly stretched out for when i want to go fast so just right for me.
    I doubt MM has shorter legs than me so he'll be fine i reckon.

clubber
    Free Member

He is a she…

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

He's a she actually! So I have longer legs and shorter torso than most guys my height. I know you can be more stretched out on the road than you want to be off-road, but obviously I don't want to be uncomfortable…

I'd probably go for the road bike rather than hybrid, but I guess I need to try and find one and have a sit on it…

Edit – ah, beat me to it Clubber! "Hi" btw 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Look for a cross bike. They're typically a little shorter and higher at the front than the same size road bike and there's nothing stopping you putting road tyres on to speed it up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘5'3" – too small for a small Boardman road or hybrid bike?’ is closed to new replies.