Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 5:2 diet – with a hangover…. help me please
  • alfabus
    Free Member

In an effort to shift about 8kg of unwanted flab that I have picked up over the last year, I’m trying the 5:2 diet (only 600 calories for 2 days a week)

Today is a fasting day, and I’ve got a stinking hangover.

Downstairs in the canteen is an enormous amount of bacon, sausages and other fried filth that would make everything better.

Help!

jam-bo

its not a real hangover if you can keep food down…

alfabus
    Free Member

don’t know if I could keep it down – I haven’t eaten anything to find out.

water has been a bit of a struggle so far, but bacon would taste so good (possibly in both directions)

dmorts

Eat bacons, have fasting day tomorrow instead. Simple

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds like you need to stop pissing about with faddy diets and get one of these down your neck

piemonster

I’m going to stick my neck out here and make a rather crazy outlandish suggestion.

Stop drinking alcohol if you want to shift 8kg, it’ll be easier and quicker. And you’ll get more/better training done.

Cougar

Hangover = dehydration = drink more.

piemonster

Does anybody have any steps to help me down from this Horse?

thejesmonddingo

None high enough here 😀

sharkattack

Mmmmmmmmmm Bacon

alfabus
    Free Member

sorry piemonster, i couldn’t quite read your post; my eyes kept wandering up to tom’s picture.

going out for dinner tomorrow, can’t do fasting then.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Deal with the hangover by any means necessary. Do your fast on a different day, it doesn’t mean you’ve “failed”, merely postponed.

alfabus
    Free Member

i’m trying to kill it with tea now….

theotherjonv

Postpone until Saturday then. Or make do with one day this week. IMHO there’s nothing ‘magic’* about 5:2 that say you MUST do two days a week otherwise it won’t work, it’s just another way of doing calorie restriction / eat less move more instead of restricting every day by a lesser amount.

Fill your boots with fry up and then have a lighter lunch / dinner so you don’t massively exceed your ‘normal’ 2400 cal allowance for a normal day.

* the ‘magic’ bits about cellular regeneration and all that stuff; hmm, skeptikaljon is skeptikal on that. If it comes as an ancillary benefit to the weight management side of things, great, if it turns out to be bunkum, fine as well.

spacemonkey

I had a headache earlier so made a Jason Vale hangover cure juice/shake; 1 orange, 1 banana, handful berries, natural yog. Damn fine.

edward2000
    Free Member

About 250 calories in a pint of stella…..

I didnt drink last October, and the weight fell off me.

Plus I felt better and was much wealthier at the end of the month, and the cigarettes/lung burners which went hand in hand weren’t consumed.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I do my own variant of the 5:2 – it involves not eating breakfast. Worked a treat for me since lost about 6 kilos without doing anything different.

Funnily enough, if I don’t eat breakfast – i don’t get hungry in the morning as much and I actually eat a lot less crap at work (people always bring in cakes and sheit..). Now, the first week or two were hard as I felt faint, but now my body seems to be eating the fat off me. I’ve done this for about a year now.

Anyway, we’re all different. What works for me might not work for anyone else. I definitely don’t buy into the “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”.

alfabus
    Free Member

That wouldn’t work for me, I hardly eat breakfast anyway.

The big factors for me at the moment are a new baby (our first) and staying away from home during the week for work. Not conducive to riding, eating well, or drinking less!

5:2 seems like a relatively simple way I can claw back some control!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘5:2 diet – with a hangover…. help me please’ is closed to new replies.