Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My new 5 Spot 1st ride/ my 1st ride for a year/wyre forest content.
  • renton
    Free Member

Evening all.

Just thought I would write a little post to let you all know about my 1st ride for a year and also about my new(to me) 5 post.

Due to work commitments/lack of time/plenty or cant be arsedness I haven’t been out on my bike for around a year or so, even though I have changed the bike I ride about 3 or 4 times this year alone it still hasn’t inspired me to ride it any more than riding to work and back which is about 1 km away from home !!!

Anyway A combination of catching up with a couple of friends and a new bike has took me today to the Wyre forest in the midlands, the place is still covered in snow in places and to be honest is a mud bath (what else do you expect at this time of year!)

Well onto the ride……….. to be quite frank about it I absolutely loved it! the thrill and feeling of being outdoors in the countryside and the mud in the eyes also the slip sliding around on a knife edge sometimes with tyres fighting for grip where there is none was fantastic. It really has give me the bug again and i can wait for the next ride!

Ok so moving onto the bike, well what can I say, I think after about 8 bikes in the past 2 years I have found the bike I want to keep in the 5 spot.

Considering it was my first ride it gave me no end of confidence on the trails to the point where i even rode down a really steep bit of trail with my ass right over the back wheel and the back of the saddle hitting me in the chest, normally I would of got off and walked!

The rear suspension is superb, finding traction up the steep bits where my mates stumpy was just spinning and feeling nice and plush on the downs without blowing its travel now Ive done the rp23 mod!

The revelation fork was nicely matched to the rear end, never feeling out of its depth and to be honest I don’t think I would want any more travel on the front anyway !

I think the only thing I need to change is the disc to some a bit bigger as I was struggling to stop !!

Anyway sorry for rabbiting on Im just a bit excited and tired now !!

Pics………

Nice and clean before the ride…

Just starting off from button oak ………..

covered in cak and looking sorry for itself !………

cheers all.

Steve

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it and the bike looks great.

I can’t wait to get out more on mine.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers !

Probably not a good idea to get a white saddle though !

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha ha definitely not.

I’ve opted for a reverb, my first dropper, for my seat post this time.

Just need to get this masters essay finished then get out and ride.

I can’t wait for the summer.

rOcKeTdOg

Welcome back, are you a Worcs local?

renton
    Free Member

I am sort of Rocketdog. I own a house in Droitwich and lived there until 2 years ago when I was posted away with work.

Up for the bank holiday this time however when I come “home” I want to move back.

Anyone else out up the wyre today?

dibboid
    Free Member

The wyre is fab. The place I popped my mtb cherry and got the bug. You should of gone in jan…. Proper slop fest. lol

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Your stem changed colour mid ride. Must be the cold.

renton
    Free Member

I thought someone might notice that !!

To be fair the conditions arent the worst I have ever ridden up the wyre !

I remember coming a cropper in front of a group of riders on the ice one year.

renton
    Free Member

The mountain king is a good front tyre by the way !

patriotpro
    Free Member

Why did you take the mudguard off?

renton
    Free Member

Because it looks gay!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My new 5 Spot 1st ride/ my 1st ride for a year/wyre forest content.’ is closed to new replies.