Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • 4×4 with estate-sized boot
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

07 Legacy Wagon owner here. 2.0 163bhp petrol. Hi and low range manual gearbox, AWD. Goes most places. Lifted with +35mm springs on standard struts and 205/65/16 Geolandar A/T tyres because I wanted to. It now goes even more places no problem. Economy around 30mpg.
    It was a couple of grand cheaper to buy than the Outback for the same mileage.
    Rear seats fold easy for bikes straight in, which the Forester wouldn’t do as the boot is tall but squat in comparison.

ade9933
    Free Member

+1 for Scooby legacy or outback depending on what ground clearance you need.

Drive like a car not a van / boat and have good permie 4wd.

Estate to car conversion is dead easy too.

timber

Range Rover?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Proper four-wheel-drive rather than one that defaults to front wheel is one of the reasons I am going to stick with Subaru for the forseeable future. Also built really solidly

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Subarus have totally flat load spaces with the seats are down. Not sure about the alternatives, but putting the seats down or up takes 10 seconds. On my old Merc it took 10 minutes…
    Not sure where you are but I’m thinking of selling my Outback (I know I’ll regret it), in Surrey. Cosmetically challenged body but perfect 80k mechanicals…

andermt
    Free Member

Pathfinder

A few around at this sort of price.

winston
    Free Member

Terracan? We had one for a while and they do reasonable MPG for their size (29-30 ish on a run) and can pull almost 3 ton!

A lot of car for your money but expensive to repair if the injectors go which we found to our cost.

Edit: Get the manual as well as it falls in the cheaper tax band (295 not 500)

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘4×4 with estate-sized boot’ is closed to new replies.