Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 4×4 last night on the lickeys – wtf!!!
  • votchy
    Free Member

Was up there last night with MrTall and as we were traversing the ridge from the visitor centre car parks, with the steep slope to our right to the play area we saw a set of lights ahead of us, turned out to be a 4×4 of some description that proceeded to drive straight down the steep bank, must be around 45 degree slope then hooned off down the fireroad, didn’t get a good view so couldn’t identify make or model or registration, got to the gate to cross Cherry Hill Rd to go down to the train station and the **** had smashed through it and turned left down the road. This was about 8:30 last night, we had been and had a look where it had come down the slope and it would appear whoever it was knew what they were doing as there was no evidence of skidding on the descent.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Some people just don’t give a **** about anyone or anything I suppose, and there’s not much that we can do about that.

You’d best report the incident to the local authority; who knows, maybe they have a sympathetic ear and would consider reclassification to block vehicular access?

luked2
    Free Member

Report it to the police as well. There’s not much they can do after the fact but it will go in their statistics and eventually they may decide to have a go at stopping it if it happens a lot.

Or at least that’s what they implied to me. Every so often they have a crack at the local kids on MX bikes.

Marmoset
    Free Member

It might have been stolen – not many people want to smash their vehicles through gates…..

…and even fewer have the balls to drive down 45 degree slopes!

MrNutt
    Free Member

that sounds AWESOME! I’d have loved to do that, even more fun if the slope was taken at an angle, whilst drunk, I hope he shot at the gate with a shotgun just before he smashed through it! RAD TO THE POWA OF GNAR!!!

MrTall
    Free Member

Whoever it was must have had a ‘proper’ 4×4 as even the best standard 4×4 would not have made it down the bank in question so i’m guessing it wasn’t stolen. With road going tyres it would have been on it’s roof trying to get down that slope – it’s not really rideable on a mtb so they guy must have had a fair amount of skill, either that or an incredible amount of luck! Wish we’d been a bit closer to see his exact line but i reckon we spooked him and he gunned it before we could get any closer.

rOcKeTdOg

Not really rideable on a mountain bike 😛

MrTall
    Free Member

Not unless you have a DH rig and balls of steel! I wouldn’t like to walk down the bit he drove down, especially in the dark.

And don’t forget Rocketdog, i’m a riding God as i can make it all the way down Camber in the Wyre without falling off….. 😉

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Just for point. Defenders are fine for 46/47 degrees. At factory spec

MrTall
    Free Member

Yes but on wet roots and lots of drops on the way down through pine trees, a standard vehicle would have almost no chance of making it.

votchy
    Free Member

Just for point. Defenders are fine for 46/47 degrees. At factory spec

wasn’t a defender as it had decent tail lights and both were working 😀

mtbfix

Cheeky trails for 4x4s? Just like footpaths are fair game to bikes once the sun goes down 😉

bullandbladder
    Free Member

“all the way down the camber without falling off” lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘4×4 last night on the lickeys – wtf!!!’ is closed to new replies.