Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 45650b max fork travel
  • m1ateusz
    Free Member

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that 456 evo2 can take 160mm forks. Since 45650b have same geometry, will it be fine with 160mm forks?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO45650B/on-one-45650b-frame
    On one say 100-150.

10mm of for travel will make a small difference, but it’s also worth remembering that the axle to crown is important too. I have various forks in the garage with the same travel but all are different lengths. So if you have a long 160mm fork with will be exaggerated a lot more. Potentially you could end up with a 150mm fork that is longer than a 160mm fork.

m1ateusz
    Free Member

I’ve seen it on one one website, but again, it says the same on 456 evo 2 frames . The forks would be dual position pike

m1ateusz
    Free Member

Just measured top of the axle ro the top of the crown is 55cm. external bottom cup add another 10 mm

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think Brant normally uses Rockshox ac length and takes into account the on one headset. This was the case with el guapo.

deadkenny
    Free Member

456 refers to 4″, 5″, 6″, so there’s the answer. Official answer that is.

m1ateusz
    Free Member

this is Brant’s reply from other forum regarding 160mm forks on 456 evo: ‘The frame main tubes have been CEN tested to 160mm in previous model, so I imagine it’s all fine. Geoemtry will be fine with longer fork. ‘
    I’ve sent email to One One, but maybe someone can confirm it faster on here.
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘45650b max fork travel’ is closed to new replies.