Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 45650b Chain ring clearance issue
  • markshires
    Free Member

I have an old triple deore crankset with a superstar oval 32T chain ring. The chain ring has built in spacers, however it is very close to the chain stay. (I have 1 spacer on the driveside BB, 0 on the other side, which I believe is correct for a 73mm shell).

Now any hint of mud or any thing to clog it up and the chain sucks up and gets jammed between the frame. I have tried to run an additional spacer on the BB, (so 2 spacers on the drive side). Which solves the problem with the chain getting jammed. But obviously the opposite crank wont tighten up properly and eventually comes loose.

Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do?

BTW The chain,cassette and chain ring have all been run from new together and had less than 200 miles so wear is not an issue.

BoardinBob

I’ve ran a double Deore crankset with a single ring on a 45650b with no problems. Loads of clearance between the chainring and chainstay

I’m assuming it’s only close at the “biggest” point of the oval ring? I suspect that may be the problem. Not designed for an oval ring but then again a 32T ring isn’t that big, oval or otherwise

markshires
    Free Member

What size chain ring are you using?

BoardinBob

30T NW but not oval

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘45650b Chain ring clearance issue’ is closed to new replies.