Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 456 with 100mm forks – anyone run one?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Or is it best to stick with basic inbred?

Rex
    Free Member

works okay for me, though 120 feels best.

alexpalacefan

+1 for REXATED. I mostly run my Talas at 100, 120 for the bigger downs and.140 for the OMG downs.

APF

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wouldn't. I had 115mm Rebas on a normal Inbred, and that felt as lively as I'd ever want. It did climb well, but downhill was a bit sketchy…. 😯

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

just put 120mm rebas on my 456 after funning it for 18months with pikes.

Its better with the Rebas.

Picto
    Free Member

Ran a Ti456 with a Marzocchi MX Pro (105mm travel I think) while I save up for a longer travel fork. I found it fine to be honest. Swapped it for a 130 mm Revelation. It felt good with the Marzocchi it feels even better with the Revelation.

When you take sag into account you are not talking about vast differences in fork length. I probably run more sag with the revelation and can afford to run it a little softer..

mattyh222
    Free Member

yep, ran my girlfriend's for ages with 100mm floats, it climbed fast, felt good, jumped well, descended fine, worked great, but i swapped them back for 130s after a while when 7 stanes playbiking time came around

matt

jonb
    Free Member

I did for ages and it was fine. Might need a slightly higher rise stem or bars to get equivalent height compared to longer forks. Work considering axle to crown lengths rather than travel.

I you have no plans to upgrade forks though, maybe consider the inbred.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Knottie does and flies

Me 120mm Mav's and happy it feels great

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Might be worth having a squint at my recent thread on the same topic – some really useful answers / suggestions on there. I've got an Inbred with 100mm Rebas and was thinking of a 456 or Ti 456 and whether it would work with the same forks. Seems it will, but I'm quite tempted to investigate letting the Rebas out to 120mm and seeing what that's like too. Cheers.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I will investigate the recons i bought a bit back and see if i can increase the travel

carlphillips
    Free Member

i have both the inbred and a 456, the inbred feels ace at 100-120mm the 456 feels awful at anything less than 130mm imo except when climbing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘456 with 100mm forks – anyone run one?’ is closed to new replies.