Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 456 ti v ragley ti
  • handyman
    Free Member

Well shall i wait till next year for a 456 ti or get the ragley one from crc at 10% off anybody ridden both and can give a me users review thanks

brant
    Free Member

nina
    Free Member

I imagine the 456 Ti is like a beta version of the Ragley Ti so the Ragley must be better. Obviously they are both over priced nonsense bikes so go crazy. Why not wait for the plastic 456, i read somewhere that it will be the most awesome bike in the world apart from the Ragley Plastic…

brant
    Free Member

apart from the Ragley Plastic…

There isn't going to be a Ragley Plastic.

vinnyeh

nicely hooked nina.

brant
    Free Member

nicely hooked nina.

😉

We were looking at carbon, but then I remember all those nasty things I said about it when Mark Lynksey came over – about "envelope stuffing"… and "no soul".

vinnyeh

Are plastics a viable frame building material (as opposed to cf)?

Gerard
    Free Member

In theory yes. Plastic is such a broad term and there are so many variations of plastic.

I have a friend that's waiting on his wood bike!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I learned today that my cars anti-roll bars are plastic!

neilnevill
    Free Member

The ragley's angles/geometry is closer to the summer season 456 isn't it? i.e. a couple of degrees slacker head angle to give a slack head angle (for confident descending) with a shorter fork (4 inch, not 5 or 6) If so….ragley maybe if you want a 4 inch fork, if you hanker after a big fork then 456.
    Hopefully Brant will explain the differences designed into the 2 bikes a bit better.

metalheart
    Free Member

ragley maybe if you want a 4 inch fork

From 18 Bikes website on the Ragley ti:

Fork length 130-150mm optimised

(which I take to mean the frame being optimised for)

If want to run a 4" probably better with a new Soda…

:mrgreen:

neilnevill
    Free Member

indeed, but the question was ragley or 456.

brant
    Free Member

The ragley's angles/geometry is closer to the summer season 456 isn't it?

Not really. Sort of – but the Ragley is designed around 140's, whilst the Summer Season is designed around 100's. I know everyone runs longer on them, but that never was really the point. BB height and seat angle was something I concentrated a lot on with the Ragleys – they keep the seat angle steep and BB not too high, even with the long fork and slack head angle.

ragley maybe if you want a 4 inch fork, if you hanker after a big fork then 456.

I'm more than happy for people to use 4, 5 or 6in forks on a Ragley.

neilnevill
    Free Member

thanks Brant, I've been pondering on this question and the geomtries for a while myself. I wasn't trying to suggest that the ragley didn't suit a longer fork, just that if you prefer a shorter fork then maybe the ragley is the better bike.

bigrich

whoops, look like theres a lot of marketing bollocks to unpick.

both can do anything aaaaaaaaaaaamazingly. apparently.

Janesy
    Free Member

way too over prices though £1300!!! OMG

heihei

Will be demo-ing an mmmBop back to back with my Ti 456 and my mate's Dialled PA on Sunday. OK – so it's not the Ti Ragley, but should give a good sense of geom differences, as well as being an interesting comparison of the different frame materials. I'll probably post a quick write up here if anyone's interested….

daveh
    Free Member

Interest here.

smiffkin

And here

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘456 ti v ragley ti’ is closed to new replies.