Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 456 Summer Season and fox 36’s…
  • flowmtbguy
    Free Member

…bit too much? Looking about for a slack angled hardtail for this summer. Mike has no Dialled Alpines left 🙁

Gonna try out my Prince Albert with some Van36s next week in Finale to see how that goes..

Given that I’ll be riding on the lifts in the Alps mostly… slack angles and big forks is what I’m after.

desf
    Free Member
    Hadge
    Free Member

I’m just building a Summer Season up and it’s got some Float 140mm’s fitted. Got no wheels yet 😕 but can’t wait and finish it all off and try it. I love slack angled hardtails as I think they ride really well. Here it is as it stands – yes garden needs attention blah blah blah pmsl

elliptic
    Free Member

[hijack]

Hadge – what sort of workstand is that?

[/hijack]

Hadge
    Free Member

It’s an Ultimate matey

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I thought the idea behind the Summer was so people running shorter forks could also have a slack angle. I presumed the Dialled Alpine, Evil Sovereign etc etc are designed around big forks, I’m not sure that was the original intention behind the Summer, I’m not certain abouth that tho I just recall reading it in Brants blurb somewhere on the website. Might be fun for uplifts in the Alps, but any techy climbing might not be much fun.
    A few people I know are running 140mm Pike forks on the Summer (I have 130mm Fox talas), they all seem to like their setup, so maybe 150mm/160mm would be ok.

chvck
    Free Member

I run 140mm pikes on my summer season and love it, been looking for some slightly longer forks for some downhill. My bike really seems to go if you point it down hills, not so great for flicky little corners as it handles a little bit like a boat though!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Just get an Alpine, you know its right!

james
    Free Member

I thought with 130mm Revelations the summer season was already about 66(.5?) degrees? 160mm forks have more than 30mm arch-to-crown difference than 130mm revelations, so you may have more like a 64/65 degree head angle with 160mm forks?

chvck
    Free Member

http://bikegeo.muha.cc/

Bike geometry calculator, you stick in all the details with one fork and then select another fork and it shows the differences 🙂

vinnyeh

nice link chvck.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

ha – keep forgetting to check this forum now I don’t get emailed on responses… cheers for all those!

And rock3 – i would but there ain’t none left 🙂 might have something else coming my way soon though…

brant
    Free Member

I got me one of them “alpine testers”.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

ready and waiting sir.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘456 Summer Season and fox 36’s…’ is closed to new replies.