Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 456 evo II
  • paladin

Was havin a wee look at these, got a malt2 which is fine for xc, but feels a bit big on tricky stuff.
    Was thinking of getting the new 456 and transferring all the bits off of my malt.
    The fork I have just now is a 100mm, anyone any idea how the 456 would be with that on?
    Sometime in the future maybe upgrade to a 150/120 dual position fork, 150 for silly stuff and 120 for xc.

I should really do some work and spend less time looking at bikes…..

4, 5, or 6″ geddit? So, should be fine, but as steep as you’d want it to be.

paladin

Yeah, I do geddit, just hadn’t seen many 456’s with 100’s on them, wondered if there was a reason.
    Don’t think it would be any steeper than the malt.

badbob
    Free Member

something i am thinking of doing soon, with the same plan to upgrade fork at a later date

Euro
    Free Member

just hadn’t seen many 456’s with 100’s on them, wondered if there was a reason.

I like how it rides low. Beefy forks with plenty of air and it’s spot on for all sorts of riding.

paladin

like how it rides low. Beefy forks with plenty of air and it’s spot on for all sorts of riding

Likin it!

What size have you got euro? My malts a large, but I can see me going for a medium or even a small 456.

Euro
    Free Member

Paladin, it’s a 20″ frame (i’m 6’5″). Toptube/standover is very high on it (bars only turn 90 before levers foul) and i think the low forks help in getting my weight over the front on such a tall frame. I bought it for general cycling so went for a frame more suited to my size (all my other frames are smaller), but if it was for wazzing about an 18″ would be a better bet (could do x-ups again as least 😀 )

paladin

Yep, can see a 16″ being ordered soon, or maybe for Xmas 😀

yunki
    Free Member

I used to ride my 16″ everywhere set at 100mm
    Occasionally at 120 or 130 (on a u-turn rev) but didn’t really get any benefit from it

I went for the 120/150 fork when the rev packed up but hated it..

150mm was too much, too divey on a hardtail over proper technical terrain, and it never felt like the fork was designed to be set at 120mm for a prolonged period

paladin

Cheers yunki, that’s interesting!

I’ll see what I think on my 100’s and take it from there then.

Need to stop browsing, there’s too much choice out there

johnhe

Yunki, are you talking about an Evo with slacker HA, or a plain old 456? I’d have thought the EVO 2 would feel quite different at 150mm, what with the 67 degree HA.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘456 evo II’ is closed to new replies.